• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s been on an Intl cruise - Goods & Bads

I'd go. We are going in August. I'm not gonna worry about this ****. If you're a healthy individual you may get it but it's just another version of the flu. If you have any other underlying health issues it could cause more complications. Overall, I'm not in any panic mode(THANK YOU MEDIA!)
Man, I agree. Just don’t want to be marooned on an iceberg with no beer. For who knows how long.

Leaving on an Alaskan cruise at the end of May. Not sure what to do. It’s all paid for and 10 weeks away. They won’t let us cancel.
Is sad but you know what to do Kevin, @Dennis H is right, a cruise at least for now is a floating petri dish, cancel it's only money, start a tread like me and see what the guys think about, and check for his opinions, that's very helpfu, believe me.

Last edited:
Is sad but you know what to do Kevin, @Dennis H is right, a cruise at least for now is a floating petri dish, cancel it os only money, start a tread like me and see what the guys think about, and check for his opinions, that's very helpfu, believe me.
It looks like a foregone conclusion that we will cancel. The wife is a nurse and doesn’t want to go. We will wait until closer to the departure which is 10 weeks from now. The flight is frequent flyer miles and I think I can cancel or reschedule. The hotel Im sure I can cancel. It’s the cruise that we’re stuck with. It wasn’t that much money - about $2500. I rather not get quarantined on a floating Petri dish so we will probably just bail. Good advice Leon.

Going on a Hawaii Island cruise in June. Oh boy!

However, this sounds like a deal....

89550524_1944557659010810_936586866650513408_o-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Going on a Hawaii Island cruise in June. Oh boy!

However, this sounds like a deal....

View attachment 920651
YOU SHOULD REALLY GO TO HAWAII !!! :lol:
The same advice goes to you Mark, so far, long trips in a cruise ship or an international travel in an airplane are not safe anymore, yes, the Covid 19 is for the vast majority no more than a very strong flu, but for the elderly ( no pawn intended) is not safe, why take the risk, stay safe.

It looks like a foregone conclusion that we will cancel. The wife is a nurse and doesn’t want to go. We will wait until closer to the departure which is 10 weeks from now. The flight is frequent flyer miles and I think I can cancel or reschedule. The hotel Im sure I can cancel. It’s the cruise that we’re stuck with. It wasn’t that much money - about $2500. I rather not get quarantined on a floating Petri dish so we will probably just bail. Good advice Leon.
Is sad and annoying to loss money, but rather stay home then quarantined, Alaska will be there just like Florence, as you told me before in my Italian tread, better yet this time Invested in to find a new proyect, or water the plants, trim the grass, walk the dog, paint the house those long forgotten home chores, are waiting for you brother.:lol:.

I understand your concern, but this ship is sailing in Alaska. That's the USA, the same place where you live. The chances of getting this are very slim and too date, nobody in Alaska has it. When you go, the worst of it will be over. As previously mentioned, if you are a normal healthy adult, then you will not die from it. It is just a virus like any other virus you have ever had. The media have done their usual thing and sensationalized it, which has gripped the world in fear and shattered most of the worlds economy. Its a personal choice I know, but don't let the media scare you away from taking the cruise. Just my 0.02c.

YOU SHOULD REALLY GO TO HAWAII !!! :lol:
The same advice goes to you Mark, so far, long trips in a cruise ship or an international travel in an airplane are not safe anymore, yes, the Covid 19 is for the vast majority no more than a very strong flu, but for the elderly ( no pawn intended) is not safe, why take the risk, stay safe.
To get on a cruise ship today is taking a chance. The virus is spreading everyday and due to the lack of testing and the late start we had in this country its impossible to say what the situation will be in June when the trip is booked.
The ironic part is blaming the media. Yes its overwhelming hearing about the virus everyday but what would the alternative be? Listen to the government accounts?
When I took a cruise which originated in Barcelona, cruising to several ports in the Mediterranean three years ago the precautions the. ship took to prevent onboard illness's was extensive. I dont wonder what it would be like now and as far as Im concerned who needs the worry.

I understand your concern, but this ship is sailing in Alaska. That's the USA, the same place where you live. The chances of getting this are very slim and too date, nobody in Alaska has it. When you go, the worst of it will be over. As previously mentioned, if you are a normal healthy adult, then you will not die from it. It is just a virus like any other virus you have ever had. The media have done their usual thing and sensationalized it, which has gripped the world in fear and shattered most of the worlds economy. Its a personal choice I know, but don't let the media scare you away from taking the cruise. Just my 0.02c.
I get it - it’s not going to Alaska that worries me - it’s being confined on the ship with a few thousand other passengers from all over the place that worries me - and more so the wife.

We’ve decided to bail on our Alaska cruise. We’ll reschedule when things are settled down. It looks like we can get a credit for flights, hotel and the cruise. Either way we wouldn’t go at this time

Held out for a bit to see what would happen regarding proper credit for our cruise in May. Just got notification from the cruise line that THEY are canceling on us. Good news as that means well get a full refund or 125% cruise credit - our choice. Canceled our hotel in Seattle for a full refund. Looks like the only thing we’re stuck on is the flights. United will only give a flight credit good for one year. Sad that this all has to happen in the first place but it looks like we’ll be financially made whole. This was a family cruise so I hope we can still do some day soon.

I had a big wedding in Saigon in 2005. After that my brother, sister and I went to Cambodia for a week. One of best trips I’ve ever taken. Not a cruise and we were our own guides. Angkor Wat one of the seven wonders of the world. People are great just very poor. I would go back again.

I’m thankful our cruise was canceled. It’s the younger family members that weren’t concerned. I wasn’t either at first but have learned to be so. The youngsters don’t seem to worry as much. I just wouldn’t want to be stranded on one of these floating Petri dishes right now or for the foreseeable future. I took the refund gladly. I feel for those that are trapped on a cruise ship.

Auto Transport Service
Back