• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who all has the original window sticker? I have mine but.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
My original WS is to a low level car....my 66 2dr sedan with AC, automatic, tinted windows and a few other things....plus it look to have every part ever replaced on it in the trunk when I bought it and to my amazement, it wasn't all that much. It had 92k miles on it when I got it and the AC was down and all I did was pull a vac on it and it held so filled it up and it worked for the next 10 years that I drove it and clocked 36k miles. I've have a few pretty nice cars and none of them came with the WS but yet someone saved everything to a low level car. Oh well.

IMG_20230816_091020419.jpg

I got the original window sticker with two of my seven GTXs, number three and the current one. What they had in common that the others didn't were they were heavily optioned, ordered cars, and the original owners kept them for a long time - 22 years for number three, and 15 for the current one. Also have the original window sticker for the base Valiant 100 my dad bought in 1970. Kept it as a curiosity - How many slant six Valiants were equipped with heavy duty suspension, sure grip, and factory disc brakes? Sticker price on the Valiant was $2800, the GTX was $4800.

GTX number three had 97,000 miles, and cold factory air when I bought it, and it never needed a recharge during the seven years I owned it. Ran into another GTX guy at Carlisle last month who had pictures of it. Car has been in the Detroit area since I sold it in 1998, and it's still looking good, with a 45 year old paint job.

Last edited:
I got the original window sticker with two of my seven GTXs, number three and the current one. What they had in common that the others didn't were they were heavily optioned, ordered cars, and the original owners kept them for a long time - 22 years for number three, and 15 for the current one. Also have the original window sticker for the base Valiant 100 my dad bought in 1970. Kept it as a curiosity - How many slant six Valiants were equipped with heavy duty suspension, sure grip, and factory disc brakes? Sticker price on the Valiant was $2800, the GTX was $4800.

GTX number three had 97,000 miles, and cold factory air when I bought it, and it never needed a recharge during the seven years I owned it. Ran into another GTX guy at Carlisle last month who had pictures of it. Car has in the Detroit area since I sold it in 1998, and it's still looking good, with a 45 year old paint job.
I found a 70 (iirc) Valiant in a wrecking yard in the late 80's that had a 318, 8 3/4 (assume it was a Sure Grip because the pig was already gone) and it had all the good stuff on it and it was a 4 door!!

my 71 road runner came with the window sticker, warranty, purchase contract and 2 build sheets.

20230816_074319.jpg

20230816_074621.jpg

20230816_074647.jpg

Cranky, my theory has always been that original paperwork is more likely to have been saved for 1) base, low-cost cost cars, and 2) decked out luxury cars. They are much more likely to have been purchased by your careful, receipt-saving, accountant/banker/manager-type than the thrill-seeking big block 4-speed hot rod buyer. Considering all the cars I have been through, this sure seems to be the pattern to me.

I worked the wash bay at the Mercedes, BMW, VW dealer above Trenton, NJ in 1972. When I washed a car for delivery I put the sticker in the glove compartment. In March of 1968 my father-in-law gave my wife a new 1968 Toyota Corona. I still have the car and in my collection of stuff I have the sticker and the temp tag!

Is anyone reproducing 1966 window stickers? I called ECS and they said that they aren't, only 1969 -70 etc...
I have a build sheet and dealer info in the owners manual RP23H61...

I wish I had it...

nope not org. sales sticker

I had 2 build sheets, 1 was for another car
(I found the guy after putting it on Craigslist)
from the top of the back seat, behind the springs between the burlap
& the spring wire, it has 'the spring prints' in it...
pretty good shape, not mint, a few tears
I have it stored in a plastic cover now
probably saved for the next owner

wasn't MMC Detroit www.mmcdetroit.com redoing/reproducing them ?
back a while I thought I saw them
or same places as Dave Wise stuff ?

Thanks to the previous owner, @erickson , who found it about a year after selling it to me, I have it. Very cool of him to get it to me, and I'm lucky to have it. I also have the Certicard. No build sheets so far. Nothing under the seats, and I'm not ripping up the carpet to look for it.

1692320955767.png

Thanks to the previous owner, @erickson , who found it about a year after selling it to me, I have it. Very cool of him to get it to me, and I'm lucky to have it. I also have the Certicard. No build sheets so far. Nothing under the seats, and I'm not ripping up the carpet to look for it.

View attachment 1511119
Eric's a good lad!

I carefully removed my window sticker from the car and put it in the glove box when the car was still new. That thing was in there all those years and when I restored the car, I came across it and thought I better put it somewhere safe. I remember putting it in a large ziplock bag and thought I put it in my file cabinet. Guess what. Can’t find it anywhere. It mysteriously disappeared and I about tore my house apart looking for it.

It would be cool if someone did repos of them and allowed you to change it up some - not in an effort to deceive anyone. But mess with them a lil :)

But putting it in the window of my 66 with my "current" options listed (505 cid, etc) just to see what people have to say. Maybe it would be more of a headache than its worth.....

Auto Transport Service
Back