• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out this original Window Sticker!

TTSaleen

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
My stepdad passed away recently.
While cleaning up his stuff at my mom's house, I discovered the Original Window Sticker he had kept all these years.
It was for his Plymouth Fury III with a 383 Big Block and 4 speed manual transmission!
Really cool stuff.
It doesn't show the year, but I think it was a 1964. Not quite sure on that.
Ryan

(edited)_B13D49DE-4CD8-430E-9A57-B5676A18FD65.png

I had a 67 sport fury that I bought from the original owner. He too saved the window sticker and passed it on to me.
I always wondered why they didn’t put the year on the sticker.
maybe because it was obvious because of the new model year?
I had that car for 26 years, one of the most reliable and best built cars I’ve owned.

Very Cool ! There were no Fury III's in '64, so '65 and up ? The 4-spd really makes it rare !!!

That sparks a question. Were manual transmissions typically an added charge as seen on this sticker? I always thought automatics were the extra cost back then.

That sparks a question. Were manual transmissions typically an added charge as seen on this sticker? I always thought automatics were the extra cost back then.
Perhaps the base transmission was a three speed, so both the four speed and automatic were an extra cost option.

Manual 3-speed transmission would standard base equipment. That is why some people refer to it as a 3-speed standard (instead of manual) transmission. 4-speed or automatic would be an option, and cost more. Some muscle cars came with the 4-speed as the base transmission, and the automatic was about a $50.00 upgrade. I know that Dodge and Plymouth bragged about a price reduction with SuperBee and RoadRunner in 1970. This did this by making the 3-speed manual the base transmission, with the 4-speed now an option, like the automatic. By paying about $200.00 extra for the 4-speed, the cost of a 1970 car equipped with it was pretty well the same as a 1969 car, that had the 4-speed as standard equipment.

Manual 3-speed transmission would standard base equipment. That is why some people refer to it as a 3-speed standard (instead of manual) transmission. 4-speed or automatic would be an option, and cost more. Some muscle cars came with the 4-speed as the base transmission, and the automatic was about a $50.00 upgrade. I know that Dodge and Plymouth bragged about a price reduction with SuperBee and RoadRunner in 1970. This did this by making the 3-speed manual the base transmission, with the 4-speed now an option, like the automatic. By paying about $200.00 extra for the 4-speed, the cost of a 1970 car equipped with it was pretty well the same as a 1969 car, that had the 4-speed as standard equipment.
Thanks for all that info @Dave6T4. Good stuff.
Also, I never thought twice about why manual transmissions were called “standards” sometimes. Makes perfect sense to me now.

Auto Transport Service
Back