• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who buys CORES: Starters, alternators, A/C compressors, P/S pumps ?

'Gaylord' is a brand name for cardboard shipping containers that fit on a pallet. Lots of companies make them, but the name sticks. A common size 'D' is 58”x42”45” and will hold about 1200 pounds.
building-gaylord-box-diagram-png.png

So a GAYLORD might hold a few blown trannys then??

There used to be more core buyers around. Now, as said before look for scrap buyers that will pay for some things as cores instead of scrap. I have a scrap/core buyer that will come to my shop when I give him a call and will go thru my pile of stuff and pick out the things that he will pay core price for, then every thing else just gets weighed for scrap. the difference may be he will give $5 or $6 for a core or just what its worth in scrap weight. Same with carbs. I called a carb rebuilder and met him at E town swap meet , showed him my stash and he picked what he wanted and told me the rest were junk ,toss them or scrap them.

This thread went from somewhat interesting to hilarious really quick !
.... In the military they were tri-walls, I couldn't imagine being told to go pack the gaylords before every deployment !

A gaylord is a pallet sized very heavy duty cardboard box for most part. Generally multi layered walls and no top. Sometimes you see then at Home Depot with product, or like a Sams club full of watermelons. Side are usually around 4 ft high (ish)
“Wow, look at the big brain on Brad.”

:)

My 2 cents. If your moving to Tennessee don't think you want to haul that stuff.

I still like the fun of clearing out stuff that car guys have accumulated. The move out of state is still awhile off. I do intend to clear out the less desireable stuff.

The Russians from Tampa buy them. No way to contact them, but when they show up once or twice a year, their rubles spend well. Four months ago, they bought 210 battery cores for $630

I hope they used an ample amount of KY my friend cause you got F&%#*@ I wouldn't pick one off the ground for what they paid you. Now if there sitting and had to go I GET IT, but..... :monkeyleft:

Ya, gaylord... the first time I heard that I was like say what??? But its a common term in allot of industries. There are even guys whose business is selling used ones! Most of mine are 5/6 walls thick. We ship motor an tranny cores too.

I can remember years back when SteerNGear did the box on my E. I asked if he needed any cores (thought maybe I could do a little horse trading....) NOT.

Looks like there's a few small "builders" here which is cool, that may help you. But overall my comments stand, after 35 years in business I think I'm getting the hang of it. Late Model is where the money is. :thumbsup:

Who's looking for a whore buyer... How many do you have and what shape are they in!!

I hope they used an ample amount of KY my friend cause you got F&%#*@ I wouldn't pick one off the ground for what they paid you. Now if there sitting and had to go I GET IT, but..... :monkeyleft:

Ya, gaylord... the first time I heard that I was like say what??? But its a common term in allot of industries. There are even guys whose business is selling used ones! Most of mine are 5/6 walls thick. We ship motor an tranny cores too.

I can remember years back when SteerNGear did the box on my E. I asked if he needed any cores (thought maybe I could do a little horse trading....) NOT.

Looks like there's a few small "builders" here which is cool, that may help you. But overall my comments stand, after 35 years in business I think I'm getting the hang of it. Late Model is where the money is. :thumbsup:

Firm Feel gives $100 per complete PS cores

Sounds more like an episode of 'Hoarders'

or American Pickers "rusty gold" :poke:

I still like the fun of clearing out stuff that car guys have accumulated. The move out of state is still awhile off. I do intend to clear out the less desireable stuff.
I just moved to a condo 3 times smaller than the house I saved all my stuff at. The cost to move will kill you!! The expense to move it will out way the need to keep it.

Auto Transport Service
Back