• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else feels as I ?

1STMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
It absolutely kills me when a brand
specific loyalist opts for a powertrain
that's different from his/her beliefs,
and opts for a off brand. A Chevy
engine absolutely has no application
to original Mopar space claims.
Some will spend thousands only to
buckle to "the easy way out.
Mopar does not mix well with Ford
or Chevrolet.
Keep the bloodlines pure !

I would never do it but to each, their own. Isn’t that what hot rodding is?

The Charger with a 2JZ may have been sacrilege but I thought it was kinda cool banging off the rev limiter. That car is plenty toasty and one day it’ll likely have a different engine. They can always be changed back.

How about a Hemi in a Chevy?

I really don't like the things finnegan does.. but when you have unlimited money you can do whatever you want...

As far as on brand motors... do what ya like... I would have no problem with a LS in my car if i had one laying around and it wasn't a pain in the *** to do :) Or a 351C (those heads make me moist)...

Not an apples to apples but frieberger and dolchich deconvert the hellcat engine because all the wiring and computers ruined the cars essence.

Not an apples to apples but frieberger and dolchich deconvert the hellcat engine because all the wiring and computers ruined the cars essence.

On that one i think the issue was how the people that did the car put in the dash/tail-lights and all that.. if it had just been the motor/trans it would have been much cooler... well.. also not that silly matchbox car stance

The taillights were a horrible idea!
:elmer:
Yeah.. 68 is the only year of charger i like (although the 66-67 are growing on me) and they ruined it with those taillights... i do like what they did to put the car back how he wanted it but i would have kept the hemi..

I prefer to keep my stuff pure. With that being said, I find it hard to tell people what to do with their project and money.

I dunno: A friend of mine put his 426 Hemi into a 69 Camaro drag car back in the day, that car never ran that hard with a 427. I've seen a few older Corvettes with 340's as well, another upgrade.
When Grumpy was trying to compete with the Hemi Cudas in Pro Stock he had Hemi 4 speeds in them and Dana 60's. He had trouble keeping the ZL1's together to compete so the next upgrade would have been to Hemi power. Instead he broke all the rules and came with an illegal tube frame, short wheelbase car so he could compete, with NHRA's blessing of course.

It absolutely kills me when a brand
specific loyalist opts for a powertrain
that's different from his/her beliefs,
and opts for a off brand.
Some will spend thousands only to
buckle to "the easy way out.
Mopar does not mix well with Ford
or Chevrolet.
Keep the bloodlines pure !

But yet it's perfectly acceptable, and people go goo goo, gaa gaa for a old school Hemi in a 32 Ford, am I missing something or are people just to biased???

641.JPG

On that one i think the issue was how the people that did the car put in the dash/tail-lights and all that.. if it had just been the motor/trans it would have been much cooler... well.. also not that silly matchbox car stance
Chrysler sponsored the "hellcat engine conversion".
I'm thinking Frieberger was opposed to it from day 1 and sold out.

Everyone else can do whatever they want with their own cars, but mine will always stay true to Mopar.

Just putting this right here…..David and Mike started Roadkill with their own money. They borrowed cameras and or talked people into filming it. Then it started taking off. Now they have sponsors for the show and yes, they use their own money for SOME of the parts that are used on the show.

Just putting this right here…..David and Mike started Roadkill with their own money. They borrowed cameras and or talked people into filming it. Then it started taking off. Now they have sponsors for the show and yes, they use their own money for SOME of the parts that are used on the show.
Yep, really like and respect those 2 guys. Finnigans new show hasn't really got me yet, but engine masters is fantastic.

A friend of mine has a saying I really live by, Ford in a Ford, Chevy in a Chevy, Hemi in anything!
I am so tired of LS swaps, Jesus, get some originality, will ya? Takes just as much money to do a gen3 hemi swap if you don't go overboard.
JMHO

Auto Transport Service
Back