• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else feels as I ?

I would prefer that every Mopar stay Mopar, but I can handle seeing it different powertrains. In reality, a new Hemi swap is not much different than dropping in an LS engine. Today's Chrysler is not anywhere near the same company they were when your muscle car was made. I just don't think going non-Mopar is very smart in terms of resale value.

This is how I got the correct 390 engine for my 69 AMX. I
posted a thread on Moparts saying I was going to put a 5.7 Hemi in my AMX if I couldn't find the correct 390 engine for the car. Everyone flipped their schit about cross breeding, and one member said that the had a complete 390 engine in running condition that he would sell because he wanted to LS swap his AMX. So I bought the whole deal,air cleaner to pan,with the starter, alternator, fan,pulleys,two radiators and the fan shroud for 2k. He shipped it to me from Las Vegas to Massachusetts in a crate for $200 via Fastenal.

But yet it's perfectly acceptable, and people go goo goo, gaa gaa for a old school Hemi in a 32 Ford, am I missing something or are people just to biased???

View attachment 1425854
Not me, I'll actually stop and congratulate the owner when I see a Ford engine where it belongs but it rarely happens.

I'm very far from being a purist but that's where I draw the line, the motor has to match for me.

How about a Hemi in a Chevy?
The hemi is the only engine that can mix with anything. It is the greatest engine design, and will make any car cool

BC4B7D22-860B-48B1-A01B-C279812E1656.gif

The hemi is the only engine that can mix with anything. It is the greatest engine design, and will make any car cool

View attachment 1426236
My Ford buddy loved my Hemi GTX (even more after he drove it) but says if he ever puts a NASCAR engine in his '64 Galaxy, it will be a Ford 427 SOHC.

I dunno: A friend of mine put his 426 Hemi into a 69 Camaro drag car back in the day, that car never ran that hard with a 427. I've seen a few older Corvettes with 340's as well, another upgrade.

Almost every race car in Street Outlaws is a Hemi no matter the make of the car.

Chrysler sponsored the "hellcat engine conversion".
I'm thinking Frieberger was opposed to it from day 1 and sold out
I would not say sold out. He sold the car to production company, they pimped it out to FCA for roadkill nights and conversion.
He spent a considerable amount of money to buy the car back, un-**** the butcher job done by the conversion company(which considerably weakened the chassis). Car is done well now and back to old Mopar iron engine.

This is how I got the correct 390 engine for my 69 AMX. I
posted a thread on Moparts saying I was going to put a 5.7 Hemi in my AMX if I couldn't find the correct 390 engine for the car. Everyone flipped their schit about cross breeding, and one member said that the had a complete 390 engine in running condition that he would sell because he wanted to LS swap his AMX. So I bought the whole deal,air cleaner to pan,with the starter, alternator, fan,pulleys,two radiators and the fan shroud for 2k. He shipped it to me from Las Vegas to Massachusetts in a crate for $200 via Fastenal.
Mostly positive reviews from the guy on the AMC forum who installed a Hemi into his Javelin...
Hemi_01.jpg
photoshoot12.jpg

But yet it's perfectly acceptable, and people go goo goo, gaa gaa for a old school Hemi in a 32 Ford, am I missing something or are people just to biased???

View attachment 1425854
Here's the deal. So many guys along with their brothers, sisters and their mothers have been installing Chevy moders in everything possible for so many years that it's now very boring to me. It's refreshing to see something different for a change. Yeah, I like seeing Mopar engines in other things but it doesn't happen very often (Except for the 2nd gen Hemi but that engine is pretty much out of my money range) so I think it's cool when someone drops in a 440 into a rat rod or something along those lines. I'm just sick of seeing GM engines in every damn thing. It's like no one has any creativity because there's lots of engines that will produce great HP but the motor majority won't go down that road. The majority of the LS swaps happen because it's EASY and CHEAP and well if one wants to take the easy cheap road.....it doesn't impress me one bit. I'm not hot on high dollar swaps but c'mon, there's stuff out there that's cheap on the less traveled road. When is the last time you saw a Ford 221 with a Paxton blower in a T-bucket?? I would say never.

6 years ago friend bought a 65 Satellite thinking to put a Gen 2 Hemi in it. Then started pricing the Hemi, bought a 592 Chubby saying it's half the price back then. I'm in the it's his car his choice group. Gave his son the 66 BelvedereI Hemi.

6 years ago friend bought a 65 Satellite thinking to put a Gen 2 Hemi in it. Then started pricing the Hemi, bought a 592 Chubby saying it's half the price back then. I'm in the it's his car his choice group. Gave his son the 66 BelvedereI Hemi.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that someone that wants to impress others.....especially at a car show (from parking lot get togethers to full blown shows).....don't install a cookie cutter LS or old school small block and think someone like me is going to be impressed. Leave the hood down and make the car stand out in other areas.

I have no interest in a vintage Mopar with anything other than a Mopar in it.
On the other hand, if you have an orphan, or a street rod, put what you want in it. But if you take the easy no-brainer small block chevy route, you get NO interest from me. (This from a guy with a couple non matching v8s swapped into small foreign cars).

Well there are those who don't like anything other than 100% original cars too. When it comes to my vehicle I say "**** 'em". My car, my decisions. Don't like it - move along.

I've had BBC, later Chrysler based Hemis/Milodon Mastodon in
both my 23t & 27t Altereds
& later in my old 49 Ford Pro-gas car
the 49 was an org. steel Ford body only, on a custom chassis
(I wanted to do a Boss 9 Semi-Hemi, but it was cost prohibitive at the time)
the Altereds were custom tube-chassis cars, 1 the 23t was org. a F/C chassis
nothing about them was actually Ford Motor Co.

no harm no foul

Now a MoPar & especially 62-72 muscle car era with a
Ford BB or SB or a BBC or SBC or a LS swap
is sort of sacrilege

It's like all the vintage Pontiacs with LS swaps
I don't care for them much
Or all the damn Mustangs with LS or SBC swaps
but it's not mine & they want to go fast, more power to them

Just not a classic road car/driver

I often cringe especially now with all the great choices out there today
usually just a simple custom pan or eng./trans mts.
would make it so you could put, the right/correct same brand in it
when I see especially an old 30s or 40's coupe or roadster,
mostly all Ford bodies (some aftermarket bodies)
almost all with Chevy drivetrains in them
I know why, they do it too
I just don't care for all of it
but as long as it's done tastefully, in them cases I understand
& accept it

old Hot-rodders did that all the time, Buick Nailhead, the Caddy
or Red Ram (lil') Hemi engines
were the 1st (out here anyway)
then after 1955 when the SBC came out,
a few ended up in wrecking/junk yards
was the beginning of a whole different game, era of Hot Rodding

but to each their own, it's not mine
I'm not funding it, do as you see fit
just don't ask my opinion I will be truthful/honest

I do like/prefer to see a specific brand/s' engines
in the same brand/make of cars
I think 'real racecars', especially a dedicated racecar/s,
is the exception to the rules too

Almost every F/C & T/F car
has a Chrysler-style (based on the 426) alum. aftermarket Hemi,
no matter Camaro, Camary/Supra, Mustang, Charger or whatever body

again to each their own

Budnicks 23 T Ford 427ci BBC Alky Inj Altered A-A Sac Raceways.jpg

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #7 Hilborn Hat & tunnel-ram.JPG

Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered Crower Inj. #1.JPG

Last edited:
you guys can hemi anything you want! I'll take the 1650 mercruiser motor with warranty for the win Alex!

Well there are those who don't like anything other than 100% original cars too. When it comes to my vehicle I say "**** 'em". My car, my decisions. Don't like it - move along.
If only members posting here would think that same train of thought when giving nasty replies at times. :rolleyes:

I've had BBC, later Chrysler based Hemis/Milodon Mastodon in
both my 23t & 27t Altereds
& later in my old 49 Ford Pro-gas car
the 49 was an org. steel Ford body only, on a custom chassis
(I wanted to do a Boss 9 Semi-Hemi, but it was cost prohibitive at the time)
the Altereds were custom tube-chassis cars, 1 the 23t was org. a F/C chassis
nothing about them was actually Ford Motor Co.

no harm no foul

Now a MoPar & especially 62-72 muscle car era with a
Ford BB or SB or a BBC or SBC or a LS swap
is sort of sacrilege

It's like all the vintage Pontiacs with LS swaps
I don't care for them much
Or all the damn Mustangs with LS or SBC swaps
but it's not mine & they want to go fast, more power to them

Just not a classic road car/driver

I often cringe especially now with all the great choices out there today
usually just a simple custom pan or eng./trans mts.
would make it so you could put, the right/correct same brand in it
when I see especially an old 30s or 40's coupe or roadster,
mostly all Ford bodies (some aftermarket bodies)
almost all with Chevy drivetrains in them
I know why, they do it too
I just don't care for all of it
but as long as it's done tastefully, in them cases I understand
& accept it

old Hot-rodders did that all the time, Buick Nailhead, the Caddy
or Red Ram (lil') Hemi engines
were the 1st (out here anyway)
then after 1955 when the SBC came out,
a few ended up in wrecking/junk yards
was the beginning of a whole different game, era of Hot Rodding

but to each their own, it's not mine
I'm not funding it, do as you see fit
just don't ask my opinion I will be truthful/honest

I do like/prefer to see a specific brand/s' engines
in the same brand/make of cars
I think 'real racecars', especially a dedicated racecar/s,
is the exception to the rules too

Almost every F/C & T/F car
has a Chrysler-style (based on the 426) alum. aftermarket Hemi,
no matter Camaro, Camary/Supra, Mustang, Charger or whatever body

again to each their own

View attachment 1426573

View attachment 1426572

View attachment 1426575

View attachment 1426574
Milodon Mastodon? Cool, I bought that article when it came out... At the time I was a teenager who didn't realize why it was called a mastodon.
1677729540897.png

Auto Transport Service
Back