• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has been put out of work and sent home ?

Over here in NZ, we are still in full Lockdown, and it just got extended to 5 weeks. Anyone over 70 is advised to not even go out shopping. Govt is asking a nominated family member to do their grocery shopping for them...drop at their door, and stand well clear.

I am the family shopper for ourselves, my parents and my in-laws.....both sets live within about 300yds of each other, and only one mile from my home. Our local Supermarket is less crowded than the others, as it is out of the way in the bay. I actually had to wait in line today for my shop....3 people in front...took about 5 minutes. Plenty of toilet paper here :) Hit & Miss on certain items - depends on what time of the day I go there.

So far, nobody I know has this virus...but looking outside, plenty of idiots are starting to wander around the streets....people that don't normally walk are finding themselves on the street. Lots of people are putting signs on their houses or teddy bears in the windows.

I'm beginning to like the peace and solitude........... able to focus without interruption

until no one is around to help hang painted fenders :jackoff:

20200405_004149.jpg

20200405_004240.jpg

20200405_004328.jpg

20200405_004406.jpg

Went to Costco early this morning 2 hours before they opened. There was already well over 100 people waiting in line. By the time we got in it was well over 200. My wife is a first responder so we got in before others and we’re able to get the staples we needed but they went very fast. There was plenty of food but it was the basics that were hard to come by. Tp, napkins, hand soap etc.. That stuff went like it was on fire. The govt is talking about supply line disruptions if,this continues on too long. Mostly in food stuffs. If that happens ....wow!

wasn't hurting for it, but I scored 20 rolls of Scott "septic safe" TP........first I have seen in a while

maybe I should have grabbed 40 :fool:

The govt is talking about supply line disruptions if,this continues on too long. Mostly in food stuffs. If that happens ....wow!
36 to 48 hours with a food crisis, as in no food available to buy is the window before the utter breakdown of the civil society.
36-48 hours...

I'm hoping to pick up some fresh Lasagne sheets tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Lasagne....
giphy (11).gif

My first attempt, using my mom's and her mom's recipe, w/my slight modifications.
Although it was a big "batch" it didn't last long...
20191204_212047.jpg
20191205_125645.jpg
20191205_125649.jpg

it's not mine........ not really sure if I'm even at liberty to post pics......but yeah, it's that nice

white has its own set of challenges........... mainly keeping it clean...... one of my nicer efforts, but I say that about every job :D

I'll get the little woman to help me hang the fenders later today and come back

it's not mine........ not really sure if I'm even at liberty to post pics......but yeah, it's that nice

white has its own set of challenges........... mainly keeping it clean...... one of my nicer efforts, but I say that about every job :D

I'll get the little woman to help me hang the fenders later today and come back

Is it a GTX or a Road Runner?

SS with a GTX hood........ not a GTX clone........hope I'm not in trouble
Send the owner a text axin if it's ok to post some pics. And I know all too well what it's like working by ones self....but got used to it many years ago and now when there is someone to help, we end up running into each other lol

I just sat down for a few minutes..... using these couple weeks to clean house............if the world wasn't all F'ed up, I'd be loving it

I just sat down for a few minutes..... using these couple weeks to clean house............if the world wasn't all F'ed up, I'd be loving it
Is there ever a time when the world isn't all F'ed up?

Lasagna sheets. harsh. Or do you cook them first?
They are produced fresh and sold in chilled sealed packets. To use them, simply cut to shape, lay in a tray of hot water for a minute or so and then lay on top of your meat. Making your own gets messy, and flour is a real commodity right now.

It's semi-convenience foods....at least it's not a take-out meal, or a pre-prepared frozen TV dinner. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back