• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has been put out of work and sent home ?

My son was called back to work yesterday... He was laid off for a week but it is day by day now...
Just long enough for the bug to die. Surprised it was not stay in place for 14 days to make sure no one was a carrier.

Just long enough for the bug to die. Surprised it was not stay in place for 14 days to make sure no one was a carrier.
Who really knows the timing... He works outdoors doin construction and it is with 2 brothers that is the whole crew... But mostly only the one brother.. It does scare me of the uncertainty... He goes to work and comes home no-where else but still worries my wife and I..

Ha...
Yeah, He had an EYE problem. He couldn't see himself going to work there anymore.

I stayed home yesterday. I've had some trouble sleeping lately. I remember feeling stressed before the 2016 election and I was having trouble sleeping then too.
I go about my business just fine but I wonder if the almost constant onslaught of CV news has had an effect on my subconcious.
I've had some really strange dreams too.
Today at work the man mentioned a NEW company policy:
Anyone that calls in sick MUST provide a medical clearance before returning IF they show signs of a cold, Flu or other seasonal ailments.
With some of the pics you've posted I'd have a hard time sleeping too!!

You got sick of working? :D

Ha...
Yeah, He had an EYE problem. He couldn't see himself going to work there anymore.
Really??

Right now as of today it stands as 1.3% Die from the virus where I think the flu kills .03 so this is 4 times deadlier
We don't know how "deadly" it is yet because we don't know how many people have had it!!
I am CERTAIN that there are tens of thousands of people who have had COVID-19 and got over it and never have been tested.
The solution is to do what is called "randomized antibody testing". That will give a MUCH better idea of how many people have had it, the denominator gets MUCH bigger, the numerator being the number of fatal cases, and the total % of fatalities gets much smaller!

July will be the beginning of the 5th year I'm in business.
I can still work, but a lot of my clients aren't seeing patients, so my income has taken a big hit.
I finally got information today about various SBA opportunities, after emailing the local office March 12th.
Watching a webinar tomorrow at 9am and a different one at 2pm. Bank rep being trained Thursday, so between tomorrow and Friday I should have a clear idea of what the SBA is offering.
I'm hoping to get enough $$ to carry me to the other side of the shutdown, and I'd like to be able to pay off all of my various credit cards and business loans, and only have the SBA loan to pay off. Up to 10 year terms at 4% beats the **** out of the combined debt I have now, and getting out from under that, as well as enough $$ to carry me a couple of months and I'm golden. The $$ for bills is a must, but consolidating all of my business debt into a 10yr, 4% loan would lift the weight from my shoulders, and THAT would be like the first breath of cool, crisp fall air on a blue sky day, after a hot, humid, dismal summer.

Thought there was some zero repay dollars in the last package for SB. Have not looked into it yet so have no other details.

Thought there was some zero repay dollars in the last package for SB. Have not looked into it yet so have no other details.
The info I got was an epiphany.
Here's one of the attachments:
Sorry it's fuzzy, best I can do.
Screenshot_20200331-215141_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20200331-215152_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20200331-215201_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The info I got was an epiphany.
Here's one of the attachments:
Sorry it's fuzzy, best I can do.
View attachment 930209 View attachment 930210 View attachment 930211
Look at H.R. 748 to the effect of expedited capital for small business who have applied for an SBA Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loan. This may better suit your needs and doesn't have to be repaid. Or the paycheck protection program. There are presently better options than a 4% loan if you can qualify.

Look at H.R. 748 to the effect of expedited capital for small business who have applied for an SBA Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loan. This may better suit your needs and doesn't have to be repaid. Or the paycheck protection program. There are presently better options than a 4% loan if you can qualify.
I plan on applying for both, using one for replacing my income and the other for business expenses, and taking the $10K expedited payment, if I can do all of that.
THANK YOU for the advice!
I think the EIDL loan is the one that converts to 4%.

@Cranky

go get yourself 4 weeks of canned and frozen goods and stop going to the store

now

Only 71 cases in my county (up 10-25% daily for the past week)
Neighboring county has 300 (doubled last week)

I have to go to work on a limited schedule but I'm not going anywhere else for 6-8 weeks if necessary.

Auto Transport Service
Back