• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has been put out of work and sent home ?

we got cut to 3 days a week until further notice. thank God I still have a couple rolls of toilet paper left LOL
I hear ya. Thinking about doing a USD conversion from $ per hour to "Rolls" per hour... It is nuts here with idiots buying every roll. They had to limit purchases and have people watching self check-out but the idiots who **** a lot divided them and had other family members stand behind them to make a "separate" purchase...

I work at a hospital and think that as long as I don't test positive I will be working. Just wondering how long that will be.

With the schools shut down, all school employees shouldn’t be paid. It’s no different than a private business laying off people.

With that said, hopefully this crazy crap will end quickly and we all can get back to “normal”.

With all the talk about Social Distancing, I have taken a different path: Idiot distancing.
So far, it seems to be working.

I'm the Facility maintenance guy for a Juvenille hall. I'm considered essential but getting a good deal, I'm only working about 20 hours this week. Still getting paid in full.
They are trying to limit exposure and keep people working from home when possible.

fyre.jpg

Jeeze that brings back memories, back in the late 80s we were building the newer VA hospital in Houston and 2-3 times a week someone would call in a bomb threat right after the morning break. They would shut the job down and send everyone home. Probably 300 people on that job daily...I never complained... Very different circumstance though...

Last edited:
I agree, funny how the business owner goes to zero income but will still have to pay taxes to pay the teachers. Maybe teachers go to half pay and give the rest to their employer, the tax payer.

I travel for work... No travel = no work.... I'm catching up on honey-do's...

Some sexy time ?

I was working until today. Even before the order was given I had a scare. A pt said she MIGHT have been around another sick person. Her symptoms, sore throat and swollen glands, are common for this. She’s elderly and already feeling better. Either way, it put all of this in perspective and I’m staying home. Plus I have a 69 super bee to work on!!!! And a family to spend time with since, for the first time, no one has practice or games or work!!!!

I’m a mobility / wireless analyst..... deemed essential. As a consultant I work out of my home , but have been on call 24-7 since this all started ..... who knows what’s going to happen

I quit work in July and moved to the middle of nowhere to get away from it all. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Pa gov Wolf ordered all non-life sustaining businesses to close last night with enforcement starting saturday. East Penn Mfg, the largest single site battery producer on planet earth coming to a screeching halt. I'm in the wood product manufacturing category so we're all done after friday.

Still working here, but just me and the cats unless Billy comes out to work on one of his projects.

Waiting on several slow-pays at the moment and trying to be patient and understanding of their plight. Thankfully fairly stocked up on essentials right now and hoping it lasts until payments come in.

Considering past outbreaks, I'll say this situation is either REALLY scaring a lot of people ... or something really big is going on and the powers that be don't want innocents in the way. The prevention methods certainly seem overblown in light of actual statistics.

Still working here, but just me and the cats unless Billy comes out to work on one of his projects.

Waiting on several slow-pays at the moment and trying to be patient and understanding of their plight. Thankfully fairly stocked up on essentials right now and hoping it lasts until payments come in.

Considering past outbreaks, I'll say this situation is either REALLY scaring a lot of people ... or something really big is going on and the powers that be don't want innocents in the way. The prevention methods certainly seem overblown in light of actual statistics.
I initially thought the same - You have to just look at Italy to recognize what may happen here. 500 a day are dying just over the last 4 days and increasing. They expect 56% of CA citizens will get infected. That’s 23 million people. They’ve shut down the by far largest economy in the world in less than 2 weeks. I’ve lost half of my net worth in 2 weeks. Our streets and freeways are empty out here. This is big. We pray that it washes out over time. Not likely.

It's both. Plenty of people are scared, as they should be, and I think this is much worse than "they" are letting us know. Why? To prevent panic of course. The national guard is being mobilized so as far as most concerned this is phase one of things getting worse on the federal level.

As for me, I was just laid off. I'm no stranger to being unemployed, but the circumstances now are much more dire than they were before. I wish people would stop panicking, but; I get it. No one knows where this is going to go and usually, things get much worse before they get better. Hopefully I'll get the Charger's grille and front end put back on in the next couple of weeks. It's not as if I have anything better to do. And if I'm going to meet my demise I'd like to get one last cruise in before that happens...

Auto Transport Service
Back