• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has been put out of work and sent home ?

The break tent is limited to ten people? How will that do anything? The people rotate in and out until everyone has come in contact with each other.
And moving the crapper away? No matter how far away they are you still gotta go there.
No gum chewing? Wtf?
They're doing a cleaning of the porta poopers daily...a hose down pressure wash. What a nice environment when you step in when it's 30 degrees out and everything is soaking dripping wet and the paper they use it about as absorbent as plastic. I'd rate it as a hazardous confined space. Set your *** on that freezing wet toily seat and the sphincter says 'nada'! lol

I thought that I was going to be quarantined soon. Today, Sacramento and Placer county were both ordered to comply with the "Shelter in Place" restrictions.
On the job, each day was looking like it could be the last one. Word came down that some influential people in the construction industry twisted some arms and as a result, ALL construction workers are exempt from the restrictions.
California infrastructure and other construction projects have been deemed Essential in the same way that grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants have been.
I thought I'd be sent home for 2-3 weeks but apparently, the big-wigs feel that construction needs to stay running.
I'm working on a school project that is scheduled to open in the fall. We are supposed to be done and clear out by the end of May.
I've been in contact with a few blue collar buddies, a few that work in the SF bay area. They are all working. Another works in Sacramento, he is sitting at home. A friend that does maintenance at a High School in Auburn is only working 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. Huh ?
How is it looking for you ?
Retired!!! So nope it ain't effecting me. But I do feel for all those that are, will, and have been effected...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Set your *** on that freezing wet toily seat and the sphincter says 'nada'! lol

Who sets their *** down in a port potty? I'm in my 60's & never once has my *** been in direct contact with a portable potty seat... Hover....

I own and operate restaurants. Take out and delivery only. I suspended operations in one of the locations. The other is still running at 40 to 50%.
But my fantastic wait staff is suffering.
times are tough

rumor is, the Texas National Guard is being activated. There is talk of a 1OO% quarantine

Just keeps getting better and better. :soapbox:

Screenshot_2020-03-20-14-18-21-1.png

No more drywall or insulation work. No source for partical mask thanks to the dumbass public. If you are not allready a customer and restricting your activities you will not see us.

I talked to a Chrysler dealership in Eastern PA today and they are closing the doors for now. I get the impression that the orders came from higher up rather than the owner's decision.

That came from the PA governor.
All non life essential businesses must close...so he is closing coal mines.

I'm currently above the law. Going to drive my Roadrunner to work at 120 mph! They can't stop me! Lol lol evil lol lol...

11216.png FB_IMG_1584743143818.jpg

lol.... I never leave the compound
me either

Now my elderly dad is a different story
he's like a popcorn kernel in a red hot pan, ready to explode
he active in travel & all his RV group trips are all delayed
as of a couple days ago

I've been keeping him away from his cardio & pulmonary rehab
for a about 10 days now

I tell him he doesn't need to go right now
he's 1 stubborn SOB too
it's for his own good, he's a high risk patient heart & lungs fucked up
his Dr.'s are talking with him over the phone...
Not going to the hospital, unless he has some real issues...
Told him Stand down...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

albeit the Automotive dealership industry (whom I was mostly working for)
will be hit hard by this downturn in income & purchasing
that was booming of late...
(I'm in facility management/maintenance end of it, repairs & construction, remodels etc.
contractor coordination, project development or supervising/planning etc.
)

Hell;
I've been working from "home office" for about 20 years now
I don't leave the compound unless I want to
but; my phone doesn't ring as much now anyway
(by my choice, when/after dad went in for his heart surgery a 1-1/2
or so ago, been busy as **** with that ****, 3-4 times a week already)

I've been semi retired since 1997 anyway, home office is great...
I work more hr's now or since I semi-retired, than I ever did fulltime
"just at my pleasure now", mostly consulting too, easier money...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope all effected by this slow down, find work
& get back to normal or even better, when this all passes
IMO it will pass sooner or later...
If people do the correct things & not be selfish or completely stupid...

stay strong, my FBBO friends

Last edited:
@CudaChick1968

So your customer was OK with you shipping a finished product to them knowing they were unable to pay?

...and not bothering to say anything.

All the years I have Never checked that site out... Heard of it. I google searched it and Nothing comes up under DC.Com (comics do) DirectConnection.com etc.....
DC.com or actually DodgeCharger.com is another car forum

I worked from home this week, but I am going to the office next week. We are considered "essential" for transportation.

I have to tell you guys/gals; I am on-edge, this needs to end soon!

I repair automotive equipment and my phone has slowed down but I have enough work for the next two weeks. I am sure that more work will come in.

Work 12 yesterday and got may mass lay off notice

Auto Transport Service
Back