• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

Amen! Just in the last 10-15 years I've seen more and more ignorant BS. And 99.9% of the time it's from liberal relocators.

It's happening in Florida as well. People are fleeing the northeast's high taxes and liberal crap and relocating to Florida, and all they do is infect that state. In fact, the same thing is happening to all of the low-tax states.

Try Missouri, beautiful country side, humid in the summer, winters are pretty nice, I can live with the taxes and as long as you don't live in down town St Louis, all is well. At this point in my life I can afford to live anywhere I want and I have thought a lot about it, but, where. There is no perfect place. I'd love California, but I can't stand the way they run things and the way they tax the **** out of your everyday people for a cause I don't believe in, trying to be kind here. Arizona would be my first pick, but, not worth it to me because of the heat in the summer, humid or dry heat, it's hot either way. So I'll stay here!!

Recent reports show what we all knew was happening: Earners are fleeing the states with increasing tax rates. California, Illinois and New York are losing residents. Idaho, Nevada, Texas and Florida are gaining residents.

Try Missouri, beautiful country side, humid in the summer, winters are pretty nice, I can live with the taxes and as long as you don't live in down town St Louis, all is well. At this point in my life I can afford to live anywhere I want and I have thought a lot about it, but, where. There is no perfect place. I'd love California, but I can't stand the way they run things and the way they tax the **** out of your everyday people for a cause I don't believe in, trying to be kind here. Arizona would be my first pick, but, not worth it to me because of the heat in the summer, humid or dry heat, it's hot either way. So I'll stay here!!

The heat is not so bad, hot for a few months but the rest of the time it’s nice.

One of the more unfortunate parts of people leaving CA is many if not most of them are conservatives. We’re losing the people that could change the situation here. This is a great country with many great places to live. Almost everywhere is more conservative then here. I would go back to Colorado if I could. I lived there for almost 10 years. Great place with people that are proud to live there. I’d love to go back.....

Well the day has come ! Building a house in Prescott Valley Arizona !

giphy.gif

I moved to AZ in 2008 from KY. I love it here and plan to retire in the state. I'm tired of winters but I can always find cooler weather about 3 hours north of me...and to escape extreme heat in the summer.

It sounds great, but if I can't swim all year around, it's not worth the move at this point. I love Scottsdale and vacation their a lot. Still can't swim all year. I guess for me any Excuse will do!!. LOL!!

Heard this on Wall Street Journal Report. "Republican's should setup a Welcome Wagon for people who move from high tax states to low tax states. Then remind them about the reasons why they left".

I was raised in SW Ga until I left at age 31, then I lived in Missouri for 37 years, love the place. I do not like cold but it is not that cold there!!! Cheap land, and taxes, low wages but wages tend to be lower also. But I don't worship the $ either. I am retired poor, but the wife still works her R/E. But.... I love my wife more than any one place, and she is a native Texan. So here I am and her we are! I do no hold that against her! ha .I hope we will move further West in Texas In a year, way too humid in SE Tx.
I feel there is no perfect place, or perfect climate, or perfect people anyway, anywhere...some places and people though are obviously f***** up though!

Heard this on Wall Street Journal Report. "Republican's should setup a Welcome Wagon for people who move from high tax states to low tax states. Then remind them about the reasons why they left".
Low tax states have low inadequate services. Pick your poison. Did I forget to mention wages and benefits?

Spending by committee is by nature inefficient. Your local HOA is an excellent example. Government spending has no accountability and therefore cannot be efficient. States with lower taxes generally have the same quality of infrastructure as higher tax states.

Spending by committee is by nature inefficient. Your local HOA is an excellent example. Government spending has no accountability and therefore cannot be efficient. States with lower taxes generally have the same quality of infrastructure as higher tax states.
I agree. Example: I lived in Missouri about 37 years. Wages there are lower than many states, but cost of rural R/E tends to be much lower. Not sure where burb prices are , since I have never lived in the burbs, I care less. I have seen many people move to Mo. seeking affordable country property some stay , some move on. Property taxes are low. Road taxes are low. I have been to Pa. NY, NJ etc years ago I will take Mo. roads and traffic over that back East any day!

Well the day has come ! Building a house in Prescott Valley Arizona !
Things you'll miss, alsant:
Crappy Winter Weather
Toll Roads
Bad Roads
Rust
Corrupt Local Government...err...never mind - that's everywhere!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!:thumbsup:

Born in Arizona, Moved to Southern California in the late sixties. Went to college in Nevada late seventies. Back to California until 1995. Job took me back to Arizona (Tucson) until 2014. Move back to Nevada (Laughlin) and love this little town. Just hours from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and minutes to Vegas. On the Colorado River, close to Lake Mohave, Lake Havasu and some of the best dove hunting around.

^^^^ The Laughlin/Bull Head area is very popular with the retired California folks.It sure is growing.

Auto Transport Service
Back