• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has tried this muffler?

pcfko.jpg

I did see that video.
Glass packs???
No thanks!

Greg, not the same but close to what you wanted to know.

Thats one of the runty like 14" ones and it looks to have almost no slotting inside or glass for that matter. Might as well straight piped it.
24" always sounds better. You can get a thrush that is actually 32" long with a built in turn down so you don't even need a tail section if you don't want it. Works good for "beater trucks"
Straight pipes sound terrible on the street in my opinion. You need something to smooth the pulses a little bit and take the pop out of the notes.

I had Flow Master 50s on a SS 2.5" full dual exhaust with shorty headers on my El Camino and it droned on the highway.

I must be getting old. I have run Flowmaster 50's as well as several sets of Ultra Flow's in the past. Now all 3 of my cars are sporting Super Turbos. 3 inch on my B Bodies and 2.5 inch on my Duster. Very happy with the way they sound in my advanced years, lol.

I had Flow Master 50s on a SS 2.5" full dual exhaust with shorty headers on my El Camino and it droned on the highway.
my brother used to have a 72 Camaro with Super 50s, 2.5" exhaust, 350ci and manual trans. At 40mph it seemed ok (deep, a bit loud), can't recall highway, but what I hated was how it sounded on deceleration - it was very loud and almost too throaty. The manual trans deceleration in 2nd gear didn't help that situation any.

I used to run glass packs on my 327ci 4-speed manual 67 Impala. I loved the performance with the straight through design, no drone, was quieter than flowmasters or Ultraflos around town, nice sound when I stomped on it and 70mph highway speed fairly tame. The only thing I didn't love were the rasps and pops on deceleration. Overall, they worked well for my needs back then. I feel like glass packs don't get enough love - maybe because many associate them with the lowrider scene? I recall choosing them in 1988 when I was 17 because of the straight through design. I had no knowledge of engine pulse considerations then.

Holley clearance site has hooker max flow 3"in/out, marked down from $135 to$85. ( And hooker 3 1/2 to 3" reducers marked down from $62...... to $1.38!!)
Hooker max flows won the engine masters 1000 hp muffler test.

I have flowmaster 40s on my charger with a 440...both have the baffles rattling around. they are a bit too loud for me now. it does sound bad *** when I nail it tho. I hope to change them this year but to what Im not sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back