• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mufflers for 68 Charger

2Dodges

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Time to replace very old mufflers.......I have a 68 Charger with stock 318, headers and duals with R/T tips. Looking for suggestions for muffler brands that you guys have had experience with. Need a nice deep, mellow sound. Any feedback appreciated on what seems to work well with this set up.

The car has been in the family since new and in my garage since 1971! Metallic Burgundy/Black Vinyl Top/Deep Red interior

Walker Dynomax turbo or Hooker aero chamber.

14380190_10209093559908620_2114990937203815858_o.jpg

Dynomax super turbo.

If you want more aggressive, magnaflow,Dynomax ultra flow,Borla Pro xs,or pypes race pro.

Youtube is your friend for sound comparisons.Just remember that a 318 will be more subdued than a 383 or 440.

Depends on the attitude you want, magnaflow sound good but I also like my hemi mufflers.. ecs and accurate have great examples with ecs being the most authentic.

Reproduction Hemi mufflers have specific In/Out sizes. I just put a set of Walker mufflers on my '64 Polara with 440 in it. You can petty well pick them to match your pipe size. I am happy with the deep rumble from them. I put a set of repro Hemi mufflers on my '67 R/T, and found them louder than I like, with a definite drone up to 50 mph.

The seller of that muffler just sent an offer to buy it for $50. Not bad for a Hemi muffler. Shipping is still about $20 over cost

Pick your poison, my preference is Flowmaster Delta 50’s but what sounds good is so subjective. For a deep tone look for mufflers with a large body that matches the existing pipe size. If you’re starting a system from scratch, 2.5” inlet/outlet mufflers gives you a lot of options…

Auto Transport Service
Back