• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet RT - Glasspack Exhaust Fitment

Heat-Med

Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am running into a snag trying to find a replacement muffler for my 68' Coronet RT. I had Dynomax Super Turbo (17748), but I am looking for something more aggressive like a glasspack. The Dynomax muffler has an overall muffler length of 25.5" and 2.5" offset inlet/2.5" center outlet. All I can find is a Porter muffler 11 degree, but it is too short. I looked at Cherry Bomb, found one that would fit perfectly with the exception of the 2.25" outlet---uuuggg! Has anyone tried to expand the 2.2" to 2.5"? I am thinking it may just crack the pipe. Has anyone else ran into an issue like this and a solution to share? Stupid me cut off the Dynomax and now the car is only straight piped--not drivable in my area due to the excessive noise.

Thanks in advance!

Guy

Last edited:
Dynomax UltraFlows are louder than Super Turbos. TTI sells them as a substitute for the ST's in their kits. They weld on a short piece of pipe that has a slight bend in it so it takes up the exact same room as a ST.

I have 2 used Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers, 2 5". Straight through, offset design. Welded stainless. 17219. The body is 14". If you want to try one for the cost of shipping let me know. I replaced my system with 3"

I have 2 used Dynomax Ultraflo mufflers, 2 5". Straight through, offset design. Welded stainless. 17219. The body is 14". If you want to try one for the cost of shipping let me know. I replaced my system with 3"
Thank you for the offer. I am trying to reach out to the manufactures to see if they have any input. I found a Porter Muffler that looks like it may fit my application, just that they listed specs are conflicting.

Dynomax UltraFlows are louder than Super Turbos. TTI sells them as a substitute for the ST's in their kits. They weld on a short piece of pipe that has a slight bend in it so it takes up the exact same room as a ST.
If I strike out with my glasspack search, I will have to look into these more.

Any exhaust shop with a pneumatic pipe expander can open up the glass pack mufflers from 2.25 to 2.50.

Any exhaust shop with a pneumatic pipe expander can open up the glass pack mufflers from 2.25 to 2.50.
Thanks for the direction. I talked to the muffler tech and he stated the 2.25” side will actually insert into the 2.5” exhaust pipe. He did not seem as convinced about expanding the tube, but that could be a cop-out answer being he works for the company. I have an expander kit, any thoughts on that being able to expand it?

Auto Transport Service
Back