• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has used Muscle Car Brakes kits for drum brakes?

Interesting. Is it a cooling fin thing or thickness of casting or some such I wonder?
It may be the fins in the back, B bodies had them but my C does not. Are the 11 by 3 B body front drums finned?

It may be the fins in the back, B bodies had them but my C does not. Are the 11 by 3 B body front drums finned?
Not that I know of. Information I have gathered from several 67 GTX's I have and or have owned.

Highly recommend both Dr Diff and John Ambrose of Muscle Car brakes.

Both sell quality and both have outstanding customer service in my personal experience.

I purchased MCB brakes for my 69 Newport on Dennis' recommendation. I LOVE them. I dont drive the Newport much anymore, but when I did, the brakes we great. Excellent stopping power with no fade. Installation was straight forward. Just watch all of your fittings so they dont snap in place. DAMHIK.

The two kits I ordered (in 2016) were PLY 336 WC-C (brakes in a box) for the front and PLY 335 WC-C (brakes in a box) for the rear. $198 a piece plus shipping. This is everything but the drums. Get yer drums cut, put their pads on (make sure you bed them as per the instructions!) and go to town. While you are at it, you might as well change the 2 rubber hoses in front and the one over the axle out back.

Call em up. The guy I talked to (I do not remember his name, though I do not think it was John as it says on the invoice below) was very knowledgeable and I called multiple times before I purchased them and you can tell he cared and wanted to get it right.

View attachment 1008312

Side note: I am on C bodies also. Same handle as here.
Hey mate you wouldnt have an email for these guys would you?
Im in Australia so calling them can be a bit tricky. cheers.

I installed the 11”x3” Musclecar Brakes shoes on my 67 R/T using my fairly new existing drums and don’t see a noticeable improvement over my old shoes.

Auto Transport Service
Back