• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who hates SNOW ?

WileERobby

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
I hate to use the word "hate" but... let's apply it to a form of frozen precipitation. Who, for whatever reason, hates snow ? Perhaps some live in areas that Santa doesn't visit with his sleigh. Maybe the fluffy white stuff is rare in other areas. And, of course, there's places where it's commonplace. But... what is YOUR overall view on that small, majestically & naturally sculpted frozen H2O multiplied by the billions ?

Don't get snow around the Sacramento area.
If i want to see snow, i just go up east bound Highway 50 into the Sierras on the way to Lake Tahoe.
Suits me just fine that way, in regards to snow.
I can visit it, without having to live in it.

I use to beg tow operators to start the lift early and let me sneak on for one last ride to the top. Now that my knees aren't as into skiing 80* vertical drops I hate the shat....

Not my dog Hennessy​
975C5B2A-AB9A-44DF-9208-AD4DD2CD1BC2.png

I’m with you, just hate it…upstate NY sucks regardless of the weather but snow just makes it totally terrible.

I'm disliking snow more as I age. But there is some advantages living with the seasons? Yard work. In Minnesota? Yard work is cut by at least 30%? Snow and ice play? Skiing, skating, sliding with the kids in one's life? Ice fishing. And the sport of hockey.

The downside? #1: Car travel. There is no advantage with winter driving. #2: Heating costs. #3: Cabin fever. There is more home time during winter. Thus can get a little boring.

What I mostly feel as I age? The cold is harder on joints. After some living in Southern states? I never understood the draw of wanting to retire in warmer climate. But I'm now starting to get it. Even very warm temps don't seem to bother me as much as it did when I was younger.

Hate it, I'm only 21 but I can't stand the S word. Don't get me wrong watching it come down is very nice but when I gotta go out in it, it sucks because I get cold real easy because of my medical issues

We have snow. I dont mind it. Plus in my trade its the start of Collision season.

Used to hate it back when I lived in the northeast, but now I love watching it on tv. It makes me laugh.

I would rather deal with the snow v/s tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, drought and just about anything else. Right now we must be in the 24 to 30 inch range.

I like it...I bought a cabin in the snow belt just for that reason.
Thanksgiving weekend

20211129_114856.jpg 20211129_114902.jpg

I would rather deal with the snow v/s tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, drought and just about anything else. Right now we must be in the 24 to 30 inch range.

I hate snow BUT you got a good point there, I agree with that

Living in WI, has to be at least 50 years now where I hated winters. As a youngster I did snowmobiling that grew old to me after a few years. Never got into winter sports. Lol, bowling season was fun doing that for 25 years on a few leagues. But, snow, the slush, salt, scraping ice off the windows, driving on the **** wondering if it’s just wet or ice…nah. Winters are a good excuse for me to tackle indoor projects cuz it’s too cold to do much else. Have a few HS buds that retired to the SW and it can get so hot there in the summer they go outside in early mornings or after dusk. And elsewhere like south Florida when I’d be there in the summer (one of my kids lived there a few years)…oly chit. Somewhat of a trade-off IMO. As such I’m staying put to continue bitching about the winters.

It’s nice to visit in the mountains but it’s nicer to know you can drive a few hours and wear shorts.

From Chicago to Seattle then to Boston to finally Arizona I gave away all my ice scrapers at my going away lunch. Best feeling! No feeling of impending doom around late October…….

I have lived with Iowa / midwest winters most of my life.
I would miss winter and the snow.
Also like slimt this is our busy season on the body shop.
As I have aged I now have all the equipment I need to deal with snow removal.
I'm waiting till 65 to retire so 2 more years then i may move to North Dakota or South Dakota.

We have snow. I dont mind it. Plus in my trade its the start of Collision season.
Our very good friend had a body shop. Loved the first big snow and ice. His quote I am either too busy or too slow. We have snow and cold, but no floods, hardly any tornadoes. If the world changes, we will be able to get away to somewhere warm, come back to some nicer weather.

Auto Transport Service
Back