• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who hates SNOW ?

These two love it.
20190112_100544_exported_8241.jpg

I hate the s*^%. I grew up in it and was okay with it until I moved to a place called Mackenzie. It snowed 10' there in one month and trying to keep a railroad going in that much snow isn't fun. That finished me, I don't want to snowmobile or ski anymore or even play hockey. Give me sun and heat now.

Grew up in it, never liked it. Used to play in it as a kid. What else did we have to do. Bought a snowmobile at nineteen and sold it after 4 times out. My doing 80, at 20 degrees was about 60 below with windchill.I wasn’t a bar hopper which is a big thing with a lot of riders. I’ve worked in 27 below windchill, didn’t like that either. Always loved the summer and heat and I love Arizona. If I want to see snow, I look up into the mountains from where I’m at. Don’t do that either.

I hate frozen death from above, absolutely loathe it.
I didn't used to be that way, but too many winters trying to commute in it up north cured me of that.
Last straw for me was seeing the lady in front of me on I-95 die in the damn stuff one day - and
being the first to her decapitated car/self.
I'm done. Nothing good comes from that sort of weather, other than postcards.

Interesting viewpoints both pro and con. But, there seems to be a presumption, probably by the way I titled the thread, is that I "hate" snow. But, if you read my post carefully, nowhere did I state that I "hate" snow. Nor did I indicate that I liked it. So.. I'll just answer my own thread. It's like talking to myself. I do that often. No, I do not hate snow. I like snow. For one day. Then, it becomes a nuisance ! When it rains, then it stops, the rain is gone as everything dries. Snow hangs around like an annoying family member after the holiday ends. If it melted and dried shortly thereafter, it would be fine. Of course, this is time-related. As a youth, I loved it. During my kids youth, no fun could match the great time we had as I played with them in the snow, building snowmen, igloos, sledding, etc. Now, it's an unwelcome chore plus the added inconveniences. But... then again... an inconvenience is not as bad as other weather disasters, eh ? I guess I don't "hate" snow, but, I sure don't "like" it ! My see-saw on this tips to the negative side, very much so.

I love it! Even more so since I have told my customers I don’t drive if they close school.

Had my fair share of snow when I was driving. Seen lots of bad stuff. Every time it storms I giggle now knowing I don't have to drive through/with it. Don't really care for it. Snow= money+misery. I understand people enjoying it and even I like a bit around Christmas.
Back in 2015 we had 18 feet of the crap. Anyone's life time share of it I would think.

big snow 2.JPG big snow.JPG

Love it. Donuts in the RWD toys...gorgeous views...QUIET...and as mentioned above - NO YARDWORK. 5 passes with the snowblower (with heated handgrips) and my driveway is clear...once I get daylight on the blacktop, I'm good to go.

Mom lives in FL and I may end up there sometime as well...but for now, I love the seasons. Each one makes me appreciate its opposite more. Mom has...summer, and January, and that's about it down there. I love the variety.

I always thought/said that I liked it for winter recreational purposes - skiing specifically. The wife and I went on a ski trip three winters ago. After two days of trudging around in it and driving in it I was absolutely sick of it. I'll pass.

I pretty much hate the ****/Devils Dandruff now
it ruins everything, ages everything...
(including me)
I use to love playing & riding or skiing in/on it
not so much now...

the older I get the more I dislike the Devils Dandruff ****/snow

I woke up this morning to 6-8"s
we're expected to have 2-3ft more accumulation
this week alone
(don't give me that total BS we have a drought, we don't
we have poor water retention, holding back water for bad years
bad policies & extremely poor leadership & water management
)
PITA with my 85 y/o father & having to dry the dog off
(or dad off :poke: ) every time they go out
or fear of dad falling

I don't have to go to work in the winter so it's okay with me! I plowed snow in the city for years,county snow is different!
20181219_161758.jpg
my pro R.jpg

Used to not mind it in my younger years.
Working as a Lineman, my tolerance faded. It was the ice storm of 98 in upstate Ny/Canada that put me over the edge. If anyone on FBBO lives near Massena, Colton, etc. and remembers it you know what I'm talking about. It wasn't so much the snow, but 2-3 inches of ice and constant -20 degrees that did it. I spent 7 weeks there 16 - 20 hrs a day no days off.
That was enough winter for a lifetime.
Now that I'm newly retired, maybe this winter won't be so bad. I have a nice truck with a plow, and a new 4wd tractor with a bucket, and all the time in the world.
To answer the question, no I don't hate it, but have seen/worked in it enough to say I dislike it.
:lol:

Southern California born and bred. Snow is something you drive a couple hours to get to, play in for a couple hours, then head for the beach to warm up.
I love snow so much I moved to arizona.

20210804_153006.jpg 20210804_152948.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back