• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here is a bourbon drinker? Show your stash!

I don't drink, smoke, (cigarettes, weed or crack). Don't do any drugs and I still don't have any money. Stupid Mopar habit.... lol.

I've got a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Jim Beam...pretty much the only American whiskeys you can get over here......but I like the Scottish stuff too!

Woodford Reserve for me. Tried their ‘Double Oak’ version and didn’t care for it. Surprised a few years ago by a bottle of ‘Fighting Cock’ - looked like a cheap whiskey but was actually quite smooth and tasted pretty good.

Anyone ever have an opportunity to taste the exotic stuff?

pappy-van-winkle-family-reserve-15-year-old-bourbon-whiskey__19537.1496359129.jpg

A few pics of some bottles I've been drinking recently...
20201024_054202.jpg

20201106_154136.jpg
20201129_191442.jpg

And while not a bourbon, this A Midwinter Nights Dram was excellent!
20201028_144006.jpg

It's Christmas so I treated myself to something other than my standard Makers Mark

20201205_150548.jpg

I just tried some Knob Creek. Not very smooth to me.
Made by the same company that makes Beam.
Doesn't seem right a Japanese company making bourbon in the US.

I found an inexpensive bourbon at Save A Lot called Zackariah Harris.
At $13 a bottle its purdy good.

I just tried some Knob Creek. Not very smooth to me.
Made by the same company that makes Beam.
Doesn't seem right a Japanese company making bourbon in the US.

I found an inexpensive bourbon at Save A Lot called Zackariah Harris.
At $13 a bottle its purdy good.
We had $40 and under sampling at our whisky tasting group a couple times. There is some good stuff for not much money.

A few pics of some bottles I've been drinking recently...
View attachment 1036615
View attachment 1036612 View attachment 1036613

And while not a bourbon, this A Midwinter Nights Dram was excellent!
View attachment 1036614
We could start a spirit exchange between members. There's a lot of stuff that we can't get up here in Iowa and visa-versa. A spirit buddy is in a couple clubs and they send stuff back and forth quite often. Especially barrel picks and such. FedEx will ship it. USPS is a no go.

We could start a spirit exchange between members. There's a lot of stuff that we can't get up here in Iowa and visa-versa. A spirit buddy is in a couple clubs and they send stuff back and forth quite often. Especially barrel picks and such. FedEx will ship it. USPS is a no go.

I've traded mini bottles with folks. Easy to do. I have a good friend from KY sending me Weller SR and Weller Antique in exchange for a couple bottles of Blanton's. Shipping is so slow they are in limbo.

Wow A friend just won a bottle of 10 year Rip Van Winkle.

Wow A friend just won a bottle of 10 year Rip Van Winkle.

You mean Pappy Van Winkle ??? One of my poker buddies got a 15 year old Pappy for his 60th birthday. I think $800+ for the bottle. I got to taste it. It was nice, but $800???? :eek::eek::eek:

You mean Pappy Van Winkle ??? One of my poker buddies got a 15 year old Pappy for his 60th birthday. I think $800+ for the bottle. I got to taste it. It was nice, but $800???? :eek::eek::eek:
I think it was just Van Winkle and not Pappy. I think there is a difference.

I think it was just Van Winkle and not Pappy. I think there is a difference.
I just got word. Someone else by the same name. Damn. Wishing for a happy ending.

I see a glimpse of Old Forester @threewood. Can you get that in Arizona? Have not sipped Old Forester since I lived in Louisville.

Auto Transport Service
Back