• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is a Soap Opera Watcher ?

I was in auto mech, around the corner in the same vocational wing.

One of my best friends (female) was in steno.

I did take typing in 8th grade.
There was one other guy in the class (already a friend).
We pretty much did nothing but stare at and flirt with chicks.

Kate Jackson was in 70 episodes of the original series.

Before The Rookies, and Charlie's Angels.

8e0fdba736e7a4b2b32f3aa212fd89d8.jpg

Rebooted in 2012

Last edited:
I used to say you could watch an episode one day and then come back five years later and the same two characters would still be in the same scene!

Wife watches Young and the restless. It records so I end up listening to it while I am on here.

Banshee.....I got pulled in after the first couple of episodes....bought all four seasons when it ended.....as addicting as The Game of Thrones......

I used to say you could watch an episode one day and then come back five years later and the same two characters would still be in the same scene!
That sounds like "The young & the restless" and "The days of our lives"

You could just about guarantee the two people talking hadn't left the same room after 5 years of not watching. I guess that saves on props and locations.

Weaned myself of soaps years ago....hated the fact that **** went around in circles without any conclusion.

I enjoyed watching Soap. We had a version of that here a while back.... :lol:

I never get tired of that one. :D

That souinds like "The young & the restless" and "The days of our lives"

You could just about guarantee the two people talking hadn't left the same room after 5 years of not watching. I guess that saves on props and locations.

Weaned myself of soaps years ago....hated the fact that **** went around in circles without any conclusion.

I enjoyed watching Soap. We had a version of that here a while back.... :lol:

I never get tired of that one. :D

Funny how I recognize that theme music ! And, that grey primer 70 roach runner looks like the one I have now before I restored it.

China Beach DRAMA
Tour of Duty DRAMA
Mama's Family COMEDY

Deadwood DRAMA (and could have been a great one, if only they'd concentrated
more on the story and less on just being shocking)

Banshee DRAMA (w/action and crime elements)

Yellowstone DRAMA (it's a good show)
Longmire DRAMA (and a damn good one)

Just sayin' - the thread asks specifically about soap opera watchers - not drama, comedy, romance,
sports, news, "reality" or other types of shows on TV.

I don't watch soap operas, period (so no "favorites" there) - but if the question were to turn to
favorite TV series in general, that would be a tough one (there's been a handful for me all-time).

If cornered into picking one, though, I'd have to answer "Justified" - it has the best story (thank you
Elmore Leonard), cast, writing, production - it's top of the game in all regards and you pick up even
more stuff you missed the first time through if you binge-watch it through again.
Oh, almost forgot:
Justified DRAMA

Auto Transport Service
Back