• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHO IS GOING TO NATIONAL TRAIL MOPAR SHOW 5/18-5/20???

5/18??? Didn't know anything about it, is it a show, racing, swap meet?

First I’ve heard about this??

jeff johnson is a total dumb ***,,,,no advertise,,,,no mopar boards communication ,,,,the show sucked for years ,,,until this guy took over claiming to build it back up ,,,,,,,WTF total LOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm I'm really confused now.... so your asking who's going to a crappy show ran by a dumbass!! :screwy:

This event is and always has been the week after Mothers day for the last 20 years. I have seen it advertised on numerous web sites and even facebook. Truck is loaded and ready to pull out early in the morning. This year the Gassers of any make motor and body combo are running on Friday and Saturday. Car show is on Sunday. Usually this event has a rain storm passing through at sometime during the event, but Jeff Johnson has always completed his races without any straws to be drawn. Hope to see all of you out there. 73sechgr, hope to see you there too. If nobody supports the shows we have then they will cease to operate. Then we have no shows.

If you have not heard anything about this show then you need to get on the Jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com email mailing list. He does Mopar events. He does GoodGuys swap events, and he has just acquired a huge Ford indoor swap meet in 4 buildings that Carlisle and the Mopar Nats would be envious of.

Jeff started this event I guess in the early to mid 90s. At that time, it was a very good show. The swap meet was very respectable drawing all of the major vendors. The drag racing was very good drawing a strong group of Nostalgia Stock racers. And the car show even had a OE certification using some of the same judges as the Mopar Nationals. The one thing that you could always bank on was that it would rain for most of one of the three days for the event.

Fast forward and the show gets sold off to Charlie Blankenship and it suffers a death spiral and is still trying to recover. There is not a show in the states that is drawing what it was years ago. I wish that the show would recover as it was really a mini Mopar Nationals and we always did very well at the show, both buying and selling. Jeff really tries to take care of all of the groups which in promoting a venue like this is tough. Trying to please the spectators, the racers, the swappers and the event staff as one group is not an easy job that most people have no ideal of the work and time involved in bringing such an event to fruition.

Having a show this early in the year to me is a no no if you want a good turn out in Ohio. I've had mine out plenty but with the weather being what it is in April and May my brain isn't even thinking about shows yet.

The people that came , came with the best racers and show cars. No matter what time of year it is , it is always an inconvenious to someones schedule. Boating, kids baseball game, family reunion and yes , a lot of racers stayed home this weekend to watch the royal wedding.

Auto Transport Service
Back