• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is NOT eating turkey on Thanksgiving?

We are having prime rib and I know where the potatoes came from because that’s what I did this morning. And of course there’s pumpkin and apple and pecan pie and other fixin’s.

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1543.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

Our new tradition Vietnamese and American food in deference to my in-laws - We all have much to be thankful for - but if you knew their family history from the old country - they especially have a great deal to be grateful for. I & they only wish the patriarch (dad) of the family lived be part of all this. His love for America was palpable. He fought with the US Army for nine years as a part of one of their units. He was so happy and proud when his youngest daughter and I met and wholeheartedly blessed our Union. We ultimately brought the whole family over - w/sadness that he didn’t live to be part of all this. He passed from Lou Gehrig’s disease before we could engineer all of the sponsorship. May God rest his soul. And a special thanks from me for having allowing me to be part of his beautiful family - and especially for proudly blessing our marriage of his beautiful daughter.

The VN contribution to our meal today. The American portion is underway….. Cornish game hens, scalloped potatoes and other traditional fixings ….
IMG_0562.jpeg
IMG_0557.jpeg

My lovely wife is second from the right with her arms around mom and nephew.
IMG_0158.jpeg

Last edited:
This year;
I'm doing honey baked ham, with spicey dry rub
a green bean casserole 'of sorts', dr'd up
long grain rice, with pork dripping/broth, dr'd up

white cake with butter frosting for desert

just 3 of us this year, me dad & cousin Stan

a bunch of snacks
homemade garlic dip, chips crackers M&Ms
assorted nuts (besides family)

kids are doing inlaws' stuff, makes for an easier Thanksgiving