• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who is sporting a buddy seat in their car

I'll check on measurements. Legendary made me a new cover for mine.
I just bought a c body one for parts if you need any. BTW it looked exactly like my B body seat except it had a cigarette lighter in the back.

how much did they charge you for the new cover.

Dave I don't remember the price, but I remember thinking it was reasonable.

So here is a comparison between the one I bought for parts (black) and mine (blue for the GTX). As far as I can tell, they are the same frames.
IMG_20180831_170514728.jpg
IMG_20180831_170129063.jpg
IMG_20180831_170154224.jpg
IMG_20180831_170301438.jpg

IMG_20180831_170201061.jpg

Here you can see the lighter. I was told this was from a C body, but I can't confirm that . Obviously it's out of a luxury car. The frames look identical, now the covers vary a little, and that might be the only difference. They both are the same length, but the black one is a little wider at the front

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you 69GTX for the pics. Waiting for mine ,in the mail.I will let you know. Mine does have a 2 inch strap on the front bottom pad.The blue looks wider in the pic with the lighter must be the angle..

Buddy seats are awesome and highly underrated. I still have the one I took out of my 68 Charger years ago when I converted it to a console. I’m going to put it in my 69 Roadrunner shift on the column car. As far as I can tell, B-body buddy seats are the same, however I found some differences with the front bracket. My Charger had a wider front bracket while a 69 GTX had a more narrow bracket. The rear bracket seems to be the same. I’ll try to post some pics later.

I'll try to grab some measurements, but I bought a seat off ebay and the forward mounting holes were about 1.5 inches closer than my old seat. The frames and rear mounts were the same dimensions I just had to drill a couple new holes in the front bracket (flat one).

I'll try to grab some measurements, but I bought a seat off ebay and the forward mounting holes were about 1.5 inches closer than my old seat. The frames and rear mounts were the same dimensions I just had to drill a couple new holes in the front bracket (flat one).

Like this?

The buddy seat shown in the picture below originally came with my 68 Charger, while the front bracket, I'm told, came from a 69 GTX. I'll trade the narrow bracket for the wider one if anyone is interested?

43506843205_7347b92e2d_c.jpg

29477746097_bc2da5c688_z.jpg

Yes, the front bracket shown in this pic is the wider one like my 68 Charger.

BTW, if anyone can post accurate measurements of the correct bracket placement, that would be great. For example, from a common point like the firewall to floor pan seam or the rear back seat floor seam to the rear bracket. Thanks!

29477746097_bc2da5c688_z.jpg

More pics of my buddy seat. Notice this one has the map pocket option. I used to stow my wallet in that. Today, it would make a perfect spot for my iPhone...
30547305968_196298cc39_c.jpg

30547314258_9862f85989_c.jpg

View attachment 646961

Yes, the front bracket shown in this pic is the wider one like my 68 Charger.

BTW, if anyone can post accurate measurements of the correct bracket placement, that would be great. For example, from a common point like the firewall to floor pan seam or the rear back seat floor seam to the rear bracket. Thanks!

View attachment 646956

Yup, this the same bracket that is in my 69 Charger. Much wider.
I wish I knew what car the eBay seat came out of. The post just said 68-70 Mopar B-body.

I took some measurements. My car has full interior and carpet, but it should be a good starting point.

From firewall to front bracket was about 32"
From the trailing edge of the rear bracket to the "hump" under the rear seat was 19"

I couldn't pull the carpet enough to measure to the seam in the pan. So I used the front of the hump as a point of reference. Hope this helps.

IMG_20160524_120419518-850x478.jpg

There should be dimples and flat spots in the floor pan for all three mounts- floor shifter, console, and buddy seat.

Auto Transport Service
Back