• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes good quality brake and clutch pedal pads?

I grabbed the set of 4spd pedals I restored for my upcoming swap on the red car... They have new pads & stainless bezels.... Since you mentioned the troubles your having I thought I'd do something proactive before mine become an issue...

I pulled the pads off planning to use Weatherstrip adhesive, what I found was a lot of mold release compound on the rubber, if I glued directly to that the glue would fail in short order...

I threw the pads in a cup of acetone & let them soak for a few minutes, scrubbed them with a toothbrush then tossed them back in the acetone... I repeated the process a few times till the rubber was clearly raw rubber, blew them off with compressed air & decided to use some 5 minute epoxy... Glued them clamped them & left them overnight...

They'll have months to dry before I get to the transmission swap... Hopefully there's something useful for ya in this long drawn out tale..

Auto Transport Service
Back