• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes the best fitting convertible top ?

Chris Many

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
So I tried to install a new top from ET and it fits for crap around the rear bow and quarter window area. Way too many wrinkles that I can't attribute to the way I installed it. or attempted to. I think they sowed it wrong and the stitches at the rear bow outboard area were done wrong. It's like the top was meant for a wider car.

This isn't my first rodeo as they say, but the first Mopar top I've installed. Does anyone have any recommendations for a top manufacturer ? I would really like to hear from someone who has done this themselves. oh yah, the car in question is my 1970 FM3 Satellite conv.

thanks

I have the Legendary top on my b body convertible and the fit is really nice.

20220914_074607.jpg

20220914_074557.jpg

I installed a top manufactured by a company called Kee on my 68 gtx years ago. I believe I bought it from legendary. They are a supplier to many outlets. I did fit very well , but I can say it’s not easy to install without those wrinkles you’re talking about.

I know of three recent top installs that the top didn't fit & wound up getting scrapped... The solution? Robbins tops... Unfortunately Robbins doesn't sell to non-professionals...

Legendary - Kee, installed 10yrs ago, no wrinkles, still looks new. Had a pro, classic car experience, install. Best decision I ever made.

Legendary - Kee, installed 10yrs ago, no wrinkles, still looks new. Had a pro, classic car experience, install. Best decision I ever made.

Ten years ago Kee tops fit.... Apparently they lost their pattern cause these days they don't fit...

Auto Transport Service
Back