• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who restores instrument bezels in a timely manner?

@moparsteve636 did my Coronet dash bezel and glove box door. A+ Best pic I have that’s handy. More in my build thread.

22484EA5-6DF6-4411-AF05-D186531292DE.jpeg

Ive used Instrument Specialties for my 70 Duster and Performance Car Graphics for my 67 GTX........... couldnt be happier with the finished product...Rich

I have heard good things about this product...

https://www.bare-metal.com/
Bought something like that in a hobby shop. Sticky backed no brand on it. Did the glove box door trim on my 66 Satellite. Cut narrow strips and worked them into the crevices and trimmed the edges. You would be hard pressed to see it was added, you'd have to be looking for it.

Last edited:
Used to be that when Mr. G’s was doing bezels and stuff, he had a big stock of stuff that was already done, as he would take in cores to offset your cost, redo them and have them to purchase or exchange for your good used one needing a redo. It was a quicker way to turnaround stock. And he paid pennies on the dollar and made good money on the finished products. Made me happy because I could take in cores to him and just make money on stuff that I might otherwise not be able to sell, or trade up for stuff I needed done. Of course mine was always a one year only something he never had in stock, but a Duster cluster has many other applications, making them more plentiful. Maybe check with these restorers and see if they have a stock of finished units, maybe they have the Duster one in stock.

Found picture of my glove box door with sticky backed chromed plastic.
wid10.jpg

Thought I would give an update on this subject as to what I have learned.
Glenn at GCAR is the least expensive at $235 to restore the gauge bezel and another $39 to polish the plastic lens.
Frank at Vacuum Orna Metal is $285 and $35 to polish the lens.
Instrument Specialties wants $550 and another $170 to polish the lens.
Performance Car Graphics unfortunately doesn't restore 70 Duster Clusters. They do later versions and rallye style though.
These are the only places that I could find that do this type of work. GCAR is a minimum 6 months behind, so they were out right away. Although I have had Instrument Specialties do work for me before, their pricing is way out of line on this job imo. So Frank at Vacuum Orna Metal it is. Ended up sending him the radio and heater bezels as well so all 3 match. He estimates 5-6 weeks max and probably sooner because their busy season doesn't start until January.

My thoughts exactly and also the reason I switched from them to having Shannon at Redline do all my gauge restorations. Shannon has done my last 3 cars with no issues and better pricing than IS.

Late to the party...but here's another vote for Performance Car Graphics and Vacuum Orna Metal. David and Frank are both great to deal with.

Auto Transport Service
Back