• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who runs 4 drums no booster?

Start downshifting helps too! Lol, amazing what you can do when the pucker factor kicks in!

Thanks for the laugh!!! Thanks because I've done that before and more than a couple of times in my 54 years of driving....

Some people define that as 'on and off....on and off which isn't the same. Gotta know your car to get the most from the brakes without doing that. First reaction is usually totally lock up but knowing how much to ease back off and maintain good braking without lock up is the key.
So I’ve been driving for 55 years and you gonna tell me how to use the brakes? And the emergency brake (what it used to be not this ‘parking’ brake of today) worked well with a four speed after a line broke at 60 mph. Stopped fine.

So I’ve been driving for 55 years and you gonna tell me how to use the brakes?
Nope....was must mentioning my take on things and how some people think. Sorry to bother you. It won't happen again.....

I have drums all around on my '66 Imperial, and both of my old Dodge Sweptline pickups. They work just fine.

Disc brakes were NOT available in the vast majority of Class 7 and 8 (big-*** semi tractors) until very recently. Nearly all of them out there older than say, five years, have drums all around. Some earlier rigs (pre-1985 or so), nave NO front brakes at all.

I'm certain someone will chime in on the years, but there it is.

Nope....was must mentioning my take on things and how some people think. Sorry to bother you. It won't happen again.....
Didn’t bother me, just surprised me.

69 Roadrunner with drums in all corners. Works fine and just remeber adjust fronts every few hundred miles depending on how you brake. If you swap to front disc brakes make sure to swap to proper master cylinder with large bowl for disc and smaller bowl fir rear. Wilwood makes a disc brake kit that bolts right on to B-body dpindles

Auto Transport Service
Back