• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who to call for torque converter?

I ended up calling A&A Transmission and he recommended the billet 10" 2,800-3,000 stall that they make so I ordered it. It was 750.00 which was a bit of a shock but I'm sure it will be great. I was gonna order something cheaper from Summit or Jeg's but I'd rather not have to deal with issues later.

With convertors, for the most part, you get what you pay for. Far as I know A&A is still a top name. By billet, I presume you mean a billet stator? Sounds good to me.
A good convertor will "make the car".

Torque converter showed up already kind of surprised how quick it came. He told me when I ordered it that it used the larger bolts and apparently it went in one ear and out the other. I had ordered ARP bolts originally but they are the smaller size. Here's a question I have the original flex plate to crank bolts and they fit the converter and have the thin heads. You think they will work fine for the flex plate to torque converter? I'd imagine they would be plenty strong.

Torque converter showed up already kind of surprised how quick it came. He told me when I ordered it that it used the larger bolts and apparently it went in one ear and out the other. I had ordered ARP bolts originally but they are the smaller size. Here's a question I have the original flex plate to crank bolts and they fit the converter and have the thin heads. You think they will work fine for the flex plate to torque converter? I'd imagine they would be plenty strong.
Sounds like they would work fine. Just make sure they clear the engine when you turn it over because I think the flywheel bolts are likely thicker.

The flex plate to crank bolts are the right size and plenty strong. I have used them, BUT I grind the face down to the thickness of the flex plate to convertor bolt. I'm pretty sure the unmodified flex to crank will hit the block.
Forget how much I took off the crank bolts, seems like about .090. Measure the head thickness of the ARP bolts. That's what I did.

Last edited:
The flex plate to crank bolts are the right size and plenty strong. I have used them, BUT I grind the face down to the thickness of the flex plate to convertor bolt. I'm pretty sure the unmodified flex to crank will hit the block.
Forget how much I took off the crank bolts, seems like about .090. Measure the head thickness of the ARP bolts. That's what I did.
Sounds right.

Auto Transport Service
Back