• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whose transbrake TF 727 to buy ?

Tex013

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Ok ,
finally going to the darkside and accepting running a transbrake is the next step . At least as I see it for bracket racing .
Who provides a good reliable unit that is usable for a daily driver plus monthly racing . Do not want 1 that will require pulling down every 12-18 months . Current trans has been in since 2007 , broke a front band and front band strut nothing else . Just regular oil change and service
Must have low band apply and would like a billet drum for peace of mind.
Companies I know of
CRT - John Cope
ATI
Tranzact of Indy
Hughes Performance
Any thoughts on these . I know guys who have CRT foot brake trans . I have fitted a Hughes T400 and customer was very happy with that .
I am on a budget of sorts , and yes I will also need a converter

Tex

I have a JW unit and am very happy with it. I've heard Griner makes a good one also.

Call Joe at Traz Act of Indy...His Billet Valve Body trans brake for $600 or $625, not sure, it is the one that I am going to buy for sure when I get the cash saved up.
Gotta have a brake to be competitive.

I have one of Joe's valvebodies with a free neutral. Seems to work good.

Mine (From Joe) works great It's the driver that's messed up !!

I went to the transbrake beginning of the year and its been a nightmare. Going off the bottom bulb fit me better foot braking.

Tranzact of Indy did my Trans. Awesome job. I would recommend them

Last edited:
John Cope is the TF guru and he just developed a new trans brake, looks to be awesome. I'd call him. I'm running his tranny and GV unit in my Bee.

i agree with most others,Cope is the way to go.used his stuff in several racing and street trans with no problems ever.

My Cope Super Street trans has been great. I presume his brake trans to be also.

I run a Griner. No complaints. Driver is old and slow though!

FYI, in the late 80's I had a Griner brake. It held great. I presume the modern version are much better. I have no current understanding.

Call Joe at Traz Act of Indy...His Billet Valve Body trans brake for $600 or $625, not sure, it is the one that I am going to buy for sure when I get the cash saved up.
Gotta have a brake to be competitive.
Hello B body forum.
I wish I did not have to post this. However, Tranzact of Indy, Race Parts Wholesale Indianapolis, Joe Chrisman is not responding to any of my messages after I sent him a deposit for one of his Ultraflite transmissions on May 10th, 2021. We spoke on the phone several times, however over the last four months he will not answer the phone at (317) 846-4933, emails to [email protected], or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Does someone know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to keep this money without doing his job.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry to hear of your difficulty. I know there has been a real parts availability problem in the last year +. But that's not an excuse for no contact.

Auto Transport Service
Back