• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do you like Mopars?

Because they are different, and at times innovative in their design.

Best reason is they are not 'belly button' cars, like a Mustang or Camaro....everyone & anyone has them. :rolleyes:

Exactly, with a high school parking lot full of "belly button" cars, I wanted something different and I loved the Road Runner cartoons growing up. It helped that my first Road Runner was a 440 6 brl with a 4 speed that I bought at 16 in 1979 for $650. That car hooked me for life on Mopars.

Last edited:
When I was a teen, my step uncle asked me if I'd help his Son get a car started and bring it up
to a local gas station to sell. When I showed up, there was a little snow on the ground and the
car was a white 66 Belvedere. He asked me to back in so we could jump it. As I got out of my
car, I spotted the Hemi air cleaner and it took my breath away! I had met my first Love!

When I was ready to buy my first new car, I had my heart set on a 67 SS 396 Chevelle. My best friend had a 66. The small town I lived in was Chevy and Ford country and with no Mopars around I didn't know anything other than Hemi's were winning at the tracks and NASCAR. Styling, mechanicals, I had no clue. I had a Chevelle located that filled the ticket for me. Dad and I drove to the dealership, looked at it, drove it, and haggled over the price. It ended up that my dad told the salesman he was $200 to high, and if he was able to come down we would buy it. He didn't come down so we left. On the way home he told me, I saw a pretty good looking Plymouth in Wetumpka the other day. My response was sure you did, in a sarcastic tone. We got to the turn that led to home and he kept driving and we ended up at the Chrysler dealership in Wetumpka. When we walked inside there was a triple black 67 440, 4-speed GTX and I had to admit it was a good looking car. Dad didn't exactly want me to have the 440, but in the meantime I had picked up a dealer brochure and I actually liked the Satellite trim better. I ordered a Satellite that day. 383 HP, 4-speed, 323 sure grip. It came in about 4 weeks later and I drove it back to my job and wasn't home for about two weeks. The weekend I got back home, went up to the local hangout and my friend with the 66 Chevelle came in. He said he had heard I had a new car and wanted to know if it was broke in yet. I said it's about as good as it will get. He says let's go see what its made of. We went up to the local place where there were 1/4's marked off. I beat his car 3 car lengths 3 times in a row. I have been a Mopar guy ever since. His Chevelle was rated at 350 HP and my 383 at 325 HP and my car on the skinny 775-14's was able overcome that deficit as well as his 350 or better gears and wider tires. Ofcourse he had some kind of excuse for each run, but never asked for a rematch.

Mom & dad had 62 Newport when I was born: At 5, we got hit on Pacific Ave in AC, NJ by a stlen step van, destroyed van, paint mark on rear bumper, FRIGIN TANK!! This car became 1st taxi in my parent taxi company, followed by 1967 & 68 Fury 1 & III's with dad's (only dad drove it!!) 66 Polara ex-NJSP Interceptor with 440!! Mom had 66 then 70 Caddy Coupe Devilles after. Sister had 71 318 Charger as 1st car, needed fixing, no $$, but I had $$$, fixed it, then repoed it and gave her my Pinto. HS was full of Camaros, Stangs & Chevelles, only 5 Mopars, and we 5 knew history of them in racing. Been Mopar since, was BIG fan Big Daddy, Petty, Snake (Snake-Mongoose days). LOVE LOVE WINGED WARRIORS & 71-72 B bodies! Hey, I'm 6' 4" and I fit in them :D

I wanted to dump all my money in a car so everyone would think I was crazy :lol:

Such a silly question. Because they were the best and fun to drive and had the wildest colors to pick from. :steering:

We STILL have a drive-in nearby, believe it or not!! Was about 7 and my uncle & his girlfriend (wife of 50 yrs now
Watching Vanishing Point at the Drive-in.
) took us to drive-in in his 65 Barracuda, parked backwards and watched movie out back window!!!

My first car in 68 was a 36,000 mile 64 Sport Fury, all black with a 383-4bbl and torqueflite. Something strange was it had a dual point distributor but was all stock except for glass packs. Don’t know if it was slipped in at the factory or somehow got transplanted into it - but it was a real screamer up to about 90 mph where the small port heads started to starve the motor for air. Loved that car and always wanted another one. But I did like most kids and drove it hard and put it up wet and it took all sorts of abuse and kept on going until I sold it about 72. I like most muscle cars and have an old Vette and a Ford engined Cobra, but i have two Mopars and I guess I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the mid-60s Mopars.

I was a teenager in the early 80’s. Mom and Dad always had a mix of Mopars and Volkswagens. Best friend was a Dukes of Hazzard addict. Friend got a ‘68 Coronet 500 that didn’t run. Nothing quite like getting a left for dead car running when you’re 16.

So lots of peripheral influence then a guy at a local junk yard was selling a ‘68 charger R/T. Worked out a whole deal then it fell apart. That got the taste in my mouth so to speak and I never looked back.

@AR67GTX Love the c-pillar of 67, they way it came down to point like tip of a spear!! And lets not forget big block sound with glasspacks. TOUGH SOUNDING!! Uncle had a 67 back in 70s.

In my area or basically in the u.s. when I was in high school chrysler was the smallest of the big three and I have always been the guy that did not conform to anything trending or whatever everybody else thinks is cool including camaros and mustangs so for me Mopar was the way to go. I grew up very poor and had no money to build a motor but I always dreamed of someday owning something like one of the mopars that was what was winning outside of town on that strip of blacktop we marked out the 1/4 mile. Some 35 years later my wife and I are "mopar or no car" people and I still live next to that old strip of blacktop, she has a 68 GTX and I got a 69 Coronet, life is good!!

My dad used to work at a Dodge dealership. I practically grew up there. He would bring home Mopar dealer magazines and brochures especially if he found old ones from the 70s up in the attic above the parts department. The body shop guy had a Cuda convertible that he'd do parades in. Got to ride in it a few times with his kids.

My dad used to take me to car shows all the time as a kid. Winged cars were always my favorite, even though I'd only seen a few. As a teenager, my favorite car was the Viper. I've drooled over those since the early 90s.

I was born a Mopar lover. I was raised in Mopar. I have Mopar in my blood.

Auto Transport Service
Back