• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why? How? the designs of the early 70's mopars...

9392EC56-C3BD-4075-9C0E-7AE6D0DA41AA.jpeg

The riders on the storm drove a second generation Charger too!

jmcharger.jpg

rsz_chargerdoors.jpg

Last edited:
Petty didn't race second generation Chargers,he was stuck with an areodynamic brick of a Plymouth when the areo wars happened. He got disgusted when Plymouth refused to let him drive a second generation Charger aerocar and left to drive for Ford. If not for Petty leaving to race for Ford,and Dodge having already done all the aero work already for Plymouth,There would have never been a Superbird built.
The Plymouth, with it's more sloped back window was still a lot better than the 1968 Charger at high speed. Plymouth won three times as many races that year. The Charger was the real brick.

The Plymouth, with it's more sloped back window was still a lot better than the 1968 Charger at high speed. Plymouth won three times as many races that year.
The Plymouth was the most cheated racecar the Pettys ever ran. Look at the windshield and vent window. Part of the reason there are templates today. It was a different story in 69.

$(KGrHqJ,!qgFI,5)lfBRBSJ5W1hR1Q~~60_12[1].jpg

you know what’s worse than listening to Chevy and Ford guys whining about Mopars? Mopar guys whining about other Mopars.
Been around since the old muscle cars were still new and owned a few from GM and mopar. I took a lot of chit from non-mopar guys in their Fords and GM’s including my elder brother who hated mopars. My brother had a fast ride, purported to be none faster in our town back when winning a lot, a Ram IV GTO – until he was blown off by a 440+6 Cuda. But, I liked many models of muscle, regardless of brand. MO, guys that were all ***-hair aflame based on one brand or the other, I’d get to asking them to define exactly what it is they didn’t ‘like’ about mopars. Lol, cuz they liked their Ford or Chevy, that’s - why. Lol. Their dad owned one, their brother, family tradition…tribal like. Same can be said of Dad’s owning mopars. The volume of selection of muscle mopars is VAST. Stands to reason, MO guys have their preference of one over the other. Trashing one over the other, MO, petty BS, as there is a ton to like with many of them? Ok, they improved over the era, until they didn’t and beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. Some, like my dear-brother, have the habit of thinking what THEY have is all and only the best and the other is crap. A trait of braggarts and often coupled with bull-shitters.

Been around since the old muscle cars were still new and owned a few from GM and mopar. I took a lot of chit from non-mopar guys in their Fords and GM’s including my elder brother who hated mopars. My brother had a fast ride, purported to be none faster in our town back when winning a lot, a Ram IV GTO – until he was blown off by a 440+6 Cuda. But, I liked many models of muscle, regardless of brand. MO, guys that were all ***-hair aflame based on one brand or the other, I’d get to asking them to define exactly what it is they didn’t ‘like’ about mopars. Lol, cuz they liked their Ford or Chevy, that’s - why. Lol. Their dad owned one, their brother, family tradition…tribal like. Same can be said of Dad’s owning mopars. The volume of selection of muscle mopars is VAST. Stands to reason, MO guys have their preference of one over the other. Trashing one over the other, MO, petty BS, as there is a ton to like with many of them? Ok, they improved over the era, until they didn’t and beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder. Some, like my dear-brother, have the habit of thinking what THEY have is all and only the best and the other is crap. A trait of braggarts and often coupled with bull-shitters.
All kidding aside,I was driving my third gen today. Lol

20230727_193442.jpg

20231112_155316.jpg

Don't forget the '68 Charger in Christine! Oh look, no hub caps!:D

Christine0070.jpg
zcapture8ty0.2121.jpg

Got my 8x10 just last week; signed by Petty & Inman!

dd4c34_112c09c3cdfa4a138e4a8a1b26be4eb3~mv2.jpeg

The above picture came from the Petty Museum website. Presented here for illustration purposes, but signatures not shown.

A fine looking machine. I need one to park next to my 2nd gen Charger.

IMG_20211120_101933662_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20211120_114623989_HDR~2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back