• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why? How? the designs of the early 70's mopars...

Last edited:
Here is a reality comparison.

Who like blondes? Brunettes? Jet black?

Skinny as a rail? Some meat on the bone? Full figured and healthy?

So what did tv tell you is the hottest babe while you were growing up? Farrah? Loni? Linda? You know my gen now! Maybe it was Rochelle? Or possibly Marilyn? For you old f***s! ;) Can’t name a bunch younger. Valerie?

If you are not in a car for money, the body style is pure preference. Investment is another game altogether.

You don’t have to like my wife. I don’t care. I love her. She is a late 70!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a reality comparison.

Who like blondes? Brunettes? Jet black?

Skinny as a rail? Some meat on the bone? Full figured and healthy?

So what did tv tell you is the hottest babe while you were growing up? Farrah? Loni? Linda? You know my gen now! Maybe it was Rochelle? Or possibly Marilyn? For you old fucks! ;) Can’t name a bunch younger. Valerie?

If you are not in a car for money, the body style is pure preference. Investment is another game altogether.

You don’t have to like my wife. I don’t care. I love her. She is a late 70!
I was in this before any of them were worth money! Sometimes I really miss those days. We are all priced out of our own hobby these days!

3 times, rookie! :D

1701751041069.png

Do you know what’s worse than listening to Chevy and Ford guys whining about Mopars? Mopar guys whining about other Mopars. I’ve never seen a more jealous crowd in my life than the Mopar community, though not every Mopar owner is like that you won’t see them stick together like Chevy and Ford guys do. I’ve never seen feelings get hurt like I have in my life when it comes to the Mopar crowd, especially when they think another Mopar looks better than yours and this is exactly what this thread is about. Just a bunch people whining cause they know the 2nd gen Chargers are getting a lot of attention these days and your poor little car isn’t. Whoopty doo! Go cry me a river!!!
And you just did that. Exactly what you're complaining about. Seems to me everyone's talking about our cars and their preferences.

1701781033136.png
Seems like the 2G Charger sportsroof looks like a Pontiac as well. Although Chryco took a design and elevated it into a classic. And those taillamps ? Dos that mean my 70 RR looks like a Pontiac also ? Styling cues were routinely borrowed and sculpted into designs by the various manufacturers.
The front end looks like a Pontiac.

Dos that mean my 70 RR looks like a Pontiac also ?
On occasion would note a little resemblance of the back of the ’70 RR to the ’67 GTO. Having a ’67 in my youth, could be why they are two of the cars on my favorite list. MO, both are – stellar in so many ways.

All these designers would go from working for one manufacturer to another, and took their drawings with them. You would not think Chevrolet would let the guy who designed the iconic 63 split window Stingray leave but they did,and he would later go on to design the 69 Mach 1 Mustang.

This all started with the OP taking shots at second generation Chargers. That's like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

But he did mention the " group" , meaning the 71-74 gang..
They didn't post it in the gen2 group.

chargers are the camaro/mustang of B bodies anyway :eek:......... :poke:

chargers are like a-holes, everybody's got one :D

and they all look alike to me :icon_fU:

Auto Transport Service
Back