• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I Do Business With Brewer's Performance

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
So...I "follow" Brewer's on Facebook and Dan is usually pretty good about engaging with folks who comment on their
posts on there. He's also fairly familiar with me since we've done business several times in the last dozen years or so...
Nothing ever "big ticket", mind you, but most everything to do with Fred's 4 speed situation have come from them
(short of the transmission itself, an 18 spline that I got here in the region for a song a while back).

Those folks work a dozen hours a day or more over there and they stay covered up...

I was pickin' on Dan the other night on FB and lamenting about the lack of B&B style 11" 18 spline clutches out there
(short of the Ram brand, one of which is in Fred right now - and I do not like at all).
I said something like "don't you have a back room full of 30 year old stuff that might have a regular ol' parts store
clutch for me, hopefully an old school asbestos one even?"
I figured he'd blow me off, but instead he said "don't you have a Ram now?"
I sent him a pic of the thing and said "yep, from you".
54521590_2389857544360453_1753986501051416576_o.jpg

He types "...but you want a stock one instead?"
Yep.
"Why?"
I just don't get along with the Ram, Dan. Hate the feel of it - and it's warped up my flywheel at this point, too.
"Ok then."
I figured that's the end of it, he's got way too much to worry about....

The very next evening, I get a DM from Dan and there's this pic:
363323366_741340454668205_3364978162251409021_n.jpg

He types "found this digging around in the warehouse. Want it?"
I reply "sure, I bet I've had a half a dozen like it over the decades, never a problem...
but you got a disc to go with it, an asbestos one?"
Another pic comes over:
363338982_741340711334846_1079200722274282668_n.jpg
"Gimme $250 for all of it."
Yep, that'll do. :)
Looks like I'm going to do the clutch swap boogy again!
I get the PP invoice this afternoon at 4:30pm, which I pay right away...
and within 20 minutes, I get UPS confirmation the thing is in route!
That rascal already had it packed up and ready to rock before I even got the invoice...
and that is exactly why I do business with Brewer's - every time.

Now I just got to figure out who I'm going to find to use their lift....
No way in hell I can ever do that job on lying on my back again. :)

So...I "follow" Brewer's on Facebook and Dan is usually pretty good about engaging with folks who comment on their
posts on there. He's also fairly familiar with me since we've done business several times in the last dozen years or so...
Nothing ever "big ticket", mind you, but most everything to do with Fred's 4 speed situation have come from them
(short of the transmission itself, an 18 spline that I got here in the region for a song a while back).

Those folks work a dozen hours a day or more over there and they stay covered up...

I was pickin' on Dan the other night on FB and lamenting about the lack of B&B style 11" 18 spline clutches out there
(short of the Ram brand, one of which is in Fred right now - and I do not like at all).
I said something like "don't you have a back room full of 30 year old stuff that might have a regular ol' parts store
clutch for me, hopefully an old school asbestos one even?"
I figured he'd blow me off, but instead he said "don't you have a Ram now?"
I sent him a pic of the thing and said "yep, from you".
View attachment 1500306

He types "...but you want a stock one instead?"
Yep.
"Why?"
I just don't get along with the Ram, Dan. Hate the feel of it - and it's warped up my flywheel at this point, too.
"Ok then."
I figured that's the end of it, he's got way too much to worry about....

The very next evening, I get a DM from Dan and there's this pic:
View attachment 1500307
He types "found this digging around in the warehouse. Want it?"
I reply "sure, I bet I've had a half a dozen like it over the decades, never a problem...
but you got a disc to go with it, an asbestos one?"
Another pic comes over:
View attachment 1500308
"Gimme $250 for all of it."
Yep, that'll do. :)
Looks like I'm going to do the clutch swap boogy again!
I get the PP invoice this afternoon at 4:30pm, which I pay right away...
and within 20 minutes, I get UPS confirmation the thing is in route!
That rascal already had it packed up and ready to rock before I even got the invoice...
and that is exactly why I do business with Brewer's - every time.
They are a great family owned business and boy do the know their stuff. The kind of people I like to do business with. Like Mega Parts. Another favorite.

Good to know.
I agree about the RAM clutches. They started out quality and once they had a big chunk of market share they cashed in. Very mediocre stuff at a semi-premium price.
My 94 Mustang had a RAM put in. Pedal feel was factory, engagement was fair to middlin', holding power was supposed to be half again on top of factory and was actually worse after about 6 months.
On the other hand....
My 1984 351W swapped Mercury Capri I had affectionatly named "this will kill me" got an ebay ceramic puck style clutch. Pedal was stiff. Otherwise, it was perfect. Excellent feel, engagement, and extreme grip, in fact I clutch dumped in second "just to see" once(one of those 4am maybe I was not thinking straight nights with friends) and it blew the tires off and took off no problem. It cost 1/3 of what the RAM did in the other car. Can't speak to longevity, I sold that car about a year after install, which is probably why I am still here to write this.

A quick follow-up:
I've already received the clutch. That was pretty darn quick, thanks to UPS.
(Fluck Fed Ex!)
As always, order was packed perfectly and UPS actually brought it to my hands, not
the #$%^ ditch a quarter mile down the road (again, fluck Fed Ex).

Now, all I gotta do is beg someone local with a lift into some "air" time. :)
@Beekeeper

I found Wayne Brewer in a Mopar magazine (I think) back around '88 while building my '69Bee. I needed a set of motor mount brackets, and he supplied a good used set for about $50. Been passing his name out over the years since... :thumbsup:

A quick follow-up:
I've already received the clutch. That was pretty darn quick, thanks to UPS.
(Fluck Fed Ex!)
As always, order was packed perfectly and UPS actually brought it to my hands, not
the #$%^ ditch a quarter mile down the road (again, fluck Fed Ex).

Now, all I gotta do is beg someone local with a lift into some "air" time. :)
@Beekeeper
Ed if I had a lift you would be welcome to all the air time you need my friend. Unfortunately I don’t have one yet
but hope to someday

Ed if I had a lift you would be welcome to all the air time you need my friend. Unfortunately I don’t have one yet
but hope to someday
Very kind of you! Now - who do I want to trust with Fred in this town?
I got a decent list started of who NOT to.... :)

They have always been top notch in taking care of my needs, both in parts and quick service, a BIG thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back