• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why I hate Facebook

sam dupont

Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
besides Zuckerberg being thieving weasel...

I'm trying to help Joe Higgins in Germany find a rear glass for his 68 Coronet wagon. found one on FB. That was a week ago and I can't find the listing again. I "saved it", but can find no place where it is saved. I chose "new listings" and scrolled through listings until I realized they weren't actually sorted by date and I'm looking at one from 2022. Tried to search "this group" (Mopar swap/buy) and it sends me to Marketplace and every listing on FB with the word Coronet. It doesn't search that group. I tried the two different ways to find Saved as per FB Help, (I love help instructions that say: tap upper right, but not what thing to "tap". So I tapped everything in the upper right... f%$ you, zuck) found one link that said "saved", but it wasn't in there. These things may be doable, but they are not learned easily by a new user like me.

All I can figure, if they have us searching without success, we are on the sight longer which pays them more in advertising.

It's a wagon being parted (in WV, I believe) by a Ron Johnson. I look at his profile and he has no Posts. WTF?

besides Zuckerberg being thieving weasel...

I'm trying to help Joe Higgins in Germany find a rear glass for his 68 Coronet wagon. found one on FB. That was a week ago and I can't find the listing again. I "saved it", but can find no place where it is saved. I chose "new listings" and scrolled through listings until I realized they weren't actually sorted by date and I'm looking at one from 2022. Tried to search "this group" (Mopar swap/buy) and it sends me to Marketplace and every listing on FB with the word Coronet. It doesn't search that group. I tried the two different ways to find Saved as per FB Help, (I love help instructions that say: tap upper right, but not what thing to "tap". So I tapped everything in the upper right... f%$ you, zuck) found one link that said "saved", but it wasn't in there. These things may be doable, but they are not learned easily by a new user like me.

All I can figure, if they have us searching without success, we are on the sight longer which pays them more in advertising.

It's a wagon being parted (in WV, I believe) by a Ron Johnson. I look at his profile and he has no Posts. WTF?
There is a Ron Johnson on this board.. Member @littleredcoffin

Yep, Facebook can be a turd. Some of the stuff they do (or don't do) don't make much sense.

if i like something i send it thru messenger then i can access it easy under messages, my son does the same back to me. also gets an opinion if your receipient

if i like something i send it thru messenger then i can access it easy under messages, my son does the same back to me. also gets an opinion if your receipient
I am talking to him via Messenger, but the messages provide no link to the post. I bought some seat covers (Looking at them takes me back to my first days with my Charger 50 years ago) and that had a link at the top for the posting. Note: I just looked for the exchange and it is now gone, but there are plenty of people I have never talked to before. I wanted to leave a glowing feedback for the guy as the transaction was painless and the covers new in box

click on the item and then hit share, messenger option pops up then send it to one of your friends

I only use it for staying in touch with Friends from my hometown, Service buds, and fellow Vets. Otherwise, nothing, zip, nadda, zero use for anything else. Too intrusive politically motivated and controlled. I will not be treated as such...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

For me. Facebook started off being stupid, but a little cute. Then their algorithms started favoring confrontational content that generated more traffic. Here they got into trouble. Now they're back to being just stupid. Which is actually better than a fight pit.

What's sad is Facebook is likely an accurate reflection of society.

See my post I just did now. Entire private B body groups with thousands of members are being taken over by scammers.

Auto Transport Service
Back