• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is my 426 hemi stamped marine

Actually we located it about 7 years ago now, and did some horsetrading and my friend from Oshawa wound up up with it and still has it.
Sounds like you were in a perfect spot to see and take all those runs in.
Good times for sure

If I remember correctly the marine motors run in the opposite direction than the ones put in vehicles...so a few things need to be changed to use one in a car....crank, oil pump, distributor...etc.
I think only when in pairs

My take on this is that originally the engine was modified to run counterclockwise as a lot or most marine engines do.
I have seen 440's modified in this fashion. The difference being the camshaft of course.
Dads boat had 400s and when they went bad we replaced each building up with parts (cheaper) both had timing chains but one cam had lobes ground in reverse so both were re-ground. The gear on cam-oil pump drive were backward. Cranks rods and pistons were the same but backward crank had the oil serrations opposite (we re-used the cranks, steel) as said above Both distributors turned same direction (oil pump HAS to turn normal direction) one starter turned backward (direct drive type) we installed fresh water system, salt ate the other cast iron up.

Distributor and parts from a reverse rotating marine 413.Not pictured is the longer hold down clamp.

md.jpg

md2.jpg

That's to keep the distributor drive gear from pushing on distributor shaft. The reverse rotation wants to make distributor /oil pump drive pop out cam gear.

Mr Hemi...you are in all probabilty correct.
We were told by the gentleman with the engine that it was from Miss Budweiser, when was likely from Miss Chrysler Crew as you mention.
Some pics of the motor.

View attachment 1330231

View attachment 1330232

View attachment 1330233

View attachment 1330234

Mr Hemi...you are in all probabilty correct.
We were told by the gentleman with the engine that it was from Miss Budweiser, when was likely from Miss Chrysler Crew as you mention.
Some pics of the motor.

View attachment 1330231

View attachment 1330232

View attachment 1330233

View attachment 1330234
My 65 A990 engine has the same casting date

received_331451461175607.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back