• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is my horn starting my 74 road runner

This is 73, which is diff from 74 BUT, colors are the same So posting to use it as colors guide

73dodgemanual-jpg.309173

74 gets two yellows for the starter relay circuit… on cab one of them is traced black… one of them comes straight from ign switch, the other one comes from seatbelt interlock control box. Can’t recall at this moment which one is the one traced. But reversing these is not a big problem. The only deal is you would be bypassing the starting interlock system, just like pressing the reset button.

But get the right harness would be the correct procedure.

Last edited:
Update***** fixed everything thanks to nachos wiring, previous owner had a few wires mismatchdd based on 73 thank you 74 souch different, horn relay needs to be preplaced as the relay is making a clicking noise obviously nit allowing the connection to the horn.

Update***** fixed everything thanks to nachos wiring, previous owner had a few wires mismatchdd based on 73 thank you 74 souch different, horn relay needs to be preplaced as the relay is making a clicking noise obviously nit allowing the connection to the horn.
If the horn relay is clicking it’s possible that it’s ok. Make sure the horns are grounded properly

Nacho- do you have a bulkhead diagram for 1971 Roadrunner?
And, are they different to the 1973?
Not the bulkhead like the ones posted, but the full diagram for Charger at least (which should be pretty much the same for bulkhead section to Plymouths)… is a bit small but can be read. Will post tomorrow. I’m not at my PC right now.

all 71-74 are different in some form even on small details. The closers are 72 and 73 between them.

Why when i press my horn is it able to start my car?!
That sounds like a great idea for an Anti-Theft device.
The last thing a thief will do is go sounding the horn while trying to steal the car. :p

Any chance that the wipers operate when you hit the dip-switch?

Auto Transport Service
Back