• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is This On Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are imbedded in the posts and even in the post headers on the forum index, and because they are video ads...

...it makes any page on the site EXTREMELY slow to load.

I've also noticed that something in the code won't even allow the page to exit until the ads are finished loading.

Neither is an issue for subscribers, but it makes viewing as a non-subscriber almost intolerable.

I had an ad show up on mine this morning for transgender underwear. Never saw that before!

I'm getting the damn universe add right over the top of the OTHER AD THAT COVERS THE WHOLE SCREEN.
It used to be just on my phone, and just on fabo, now it's both 9n fbbo and fabo and tablets and phone.
Excuse any typos or misspellings, I CANT SEE WAT IM TYYPINGG.

I have had the same adds, some even have their own volume.
Damn thing is in the middle of the screen and just start talking it's advertising BS.
Google Chrome and Firefox both, lap top and phone.
Screenshot_20231119_084002_Chrome.jpg

If you're not "Gold" or surfing without signing in, it's the worst pop-up I've ever seen. Click on the small "x" and it comes right back. Audio/video. Seems like it's from Amazon.

Glad I'm Gold but if someone is thinking about becoming a new member and sees this they'll run!
Screenshot_20231119_092551_Chrome.jpg

I for one, recognise the great senses
of humor of one's such as Richard and
kiwi. I, myself, try and add to the
ambiance. This is the "General" Forum.
I refer to the specific forums when I
want to "learn" something.
I would like to think that we're all
great members here.
Not me. I am a pretty average member. Fair to middlin' if we are honest.
Under mentorship of the greats, some day I aspire to join their prestigious ranks.

I came here from that other thread lol

I use Opera browser. It has a built in VPN and an ad blocker. The ad blocker works VERY well. They update it periodically. I didn't see any of this stuff lol.
Downside: Youtube is very angry about my Opera browser blocking it's ads and won't let me watch anything unless I turn it off for them. I prefer to simply not watch Youtube :)

Well, it is by definition, "General Discussion"......
I visit here for the smiles.
It needs to be in Website questions and suggestions. Joey pays close attention to that forum. Moving now.

What’s up with this new pop up add covering half of the screen and as well, keeps coming back after closing it out? I’ve never had this happen before, it’s insane it’s so bad, absolutely horrible!
looks like somebody got in using malware, nothing better to do, i guess

I came here from that other thread lol

I use Opera browser. It has a built in VPN and an ad blocker. The ad blocker works VERY well. They update it periodically. I didn't see any of this stuff lol.
Downside: Youtube is very angry about my Opera browser blocking it's ads and won't let me watch anything unless I turn it off for them. I prefer to simply not watch Youtube :)
F youtube, and social media. This is the only site I'm on. Youtube jail for disagreeing with a snowflake

It needs to be in Website questions and suggestions. Joey pays close attention to that forum. Moving now.
Mike,
Not trying to go against the grain here, but posting a quip
belongs in the Suggestion Forum?
My reply was to express a humorous
response as the Op's question comes
up frequently.
OP's complaint of pop ups is the
proverbial case of dead horse
beating.
Please forgive the misunderstanding.
(edited)

Last edited:
Mike,
Not trying to go against the grain here, but posting a quip
belongs in the Suggestion Forum?
My reply was to Richard's response,
not the OP's complaint of pop ups.
Please forgive the misunderstanding.
No problem, I just replied to you because of the mention of the General forum.

I've been bombarded as well when not logged in. It's not the phone or PC browser, cookies, cache, system settings or needing a restart or anything like that...just a PIA ad that slithered it's way into our happy little home...I'm sure it will be dealt with soon!

I had an ad show up on mine this morning for transgender underwear. Never saw that before!
Every time I complain about some advertisement I[m told it's related to my browsing history.... So what have you been looking at??? :lol: Before you give me a red X let me say we both know that's bullshit...

I've been bombarded as well when not logged in. It's not the phone or PC browser, cookies, cache, system settings or needing a restart or anything like that...just a PIA ad that slithered it's way into our happy little home...I'm sure it will be dealt with soon!
I find it very strange that not all here
suffer the same annoyance. I'd be
aggravated also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back