• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wife or car?

I wasn't going to comment but the whole changing of the VIN for a special ordered car would be complete misinformation.
Ah, no sir. He said "The Factory would put a special code on the VIN that states a special ordered engine." there is a code for a special order engine. It won't tell you what it is, only that it was "special" For 1973 it would be VIN code Z as the 5th digit.

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree with you. You might need to go into that myriad.
MoparDanMan, I have to agree with Montclaire. You could not order a 340+6. The 340's came 4bbl and only with the Rallye package. I did know a friend that ordered the 340 package in 73 and had the dealership change it to a 6bbl the week it arrived but did not alter the vin to reflect the change, it was against the law.

You will have to try and find a car chick or one that understands that it’s your money and you do what you will with it. I have both.

Below is my Hunny Bunny setting up her trick flow heads she purchased with her money for her ‘67 Cuda.
(And yes, that’s the kitchen table.)
C4FD4A8E-37DD-4B4F-8C1D-255D4AED92F9.jpeg

IIRC (I'm sure someone will correct me), the most common use of Z code engines was a propane/LPG/CNG burner for fleet use.

You will have to try and find a car chick or one that understands that it’s your money and you do what you will with it. I have both.

Below is my Hunny Bunny setting up her trick flow heads she purchased with her money for her ‘67 Cuda.
(And yes, that’s the kitchen table.)
View attachment 1001410
Lucky man Rumble. I have a few friends like you who's wives are into it, maybe more than they are.
As for mine, I love her to death, but she calls my Bird "your mistress".
****, I bought this car in 1978, I met her in 1990. My wife is actually my mistress:wtf:

eat a dick dude. show me an actual VIN tag with a Z . that's right , you can't . no 340 6pack was available either.
The factory COULD NOT offer a 340 Six Pac because it was against FEDERAL LAW to do so for EMISSION mandates. Let it die on this BS

Auto Transport Service
Back