• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wild Muscle car colors of the 60's and 70's

Panther Pink and Green Go / Sassy Grass Green were a late addition to the 1970 Hi/Impact colors.

I bought this one off the original owner in 1978. I didn't particularily like the colour but it was great for goading guys into street racing against it.

cha1.JPG

Saw a pink newer challenger last week. I’m guessing today it could have been a wrap.

Saw a pink newer challenger last week. I’m guessing today it could have been a wrap.

If it looked close to real Panther Pink it wasn't stock, Chrysler sold a color they tried to tied to the coat tails of Panther Pink that was called Furious Fuchsia... Not even close...

If it looked close to real Panther Pink it wasn't stock, Chrysler sold a color they tried to tied to the coat tails of Panther Pink that was called Furious Fuchsia... Not even close...
Wasn’t that close, but I did do a double take. Thanks.

It's obvious that Mopars of the 60s and early 70s body lines were superior to the point it could get away with wilder color combos? Compare to Camaro/Chevelle? Any green car are actually lower value. Mopar? Sought after. Ever seen a Chevelle painted plum crazy purple? Just doesn't look right at all. It's why Chevy's are painted much safer colors. Ford? Even worse.

Auto Transport Service
Back