• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will 699 oil pan fit 71 charger?

adam83

Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Putting a 440 in the charger, have a 699 oil pan from a 73 imperial, will it fit?

I just put a 440 in a 74 Roadrunner using the Schumacher conversion kit that is supposed to put a big block into the same position on a SB K member as it would be on a BB one. The engine had a 699 pan that I thought would work, but the guys at Schumacher said a 699 pan would need modification to work. How much modification I don't know as I switched to a 741 pan.

I have a 699 pan on my 74 charger with a 440 with zero modifications

Is the shape of the 73/74 K any different than the 71/72? Also doesn't the 73/74 use different motor mounts and have iso bushings between the k and the frame?

73 and up use the "spool" mount that continued all the way into the magnum small blocks.

Well I decided to clean paint and sell the pan so I could get the 6qt Hemi E-body pan from 440 source

Auto Transport Service
Back