• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will A body headers fit a B body?

Kultin

Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
I have a 66 belvedere 2, 408 small block stroker with brodix b1 heads, borgeson small box power steering, manual disc brakes, cable shift 727. W2 headers will fit the brodix D shaped exhaust ports. Only headers I have found are are Hedman 75130 with 2" primaries. Going to run 3" exhaust. Will the 68-73 A body headers work in a 66 B Body?

20230112_005336.jpg

20220719_123558.jpg

In most cases, what firs an A body will easily fit the 66-70 B body cars. The reverse is NOT true.

That is what I was thinking, but of course it is better to be on the safe side of spending $1000 on headers and not TTIs. I know a body have a smaller engine compartment but didn't know if there would be something different for them to not fit

As Kern said,If you look at generic Headers from Jegs or Summit and several brand names they list small block fits A+B.
Nice 67 ? I'm guessing. Looking good !!

Thank you, it is a 66. To dig a little deeper, tti make a set for edelbrock Victor 6170 heads that have a raised port and face, just like the brodix b1a heads, but tti says they do not fit the brodix. Hmm, I guess order them and see if they work, if not then return them. A custom set of 304 stainless headers local to me start at $3750. I Google my heart out and didn't see anything about it. Just that the Victor heads use a w5 exhaust flange which is close to the brodix that takes the w2 flange.

Screenshot_20230129_173825_Chrome.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back