• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will Edelbrock Torker 440 work on my 70 GTX with Air Grabber Hood?

70Gtx

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Is this intake going to work on my Stroker Engine or will there be a Clearance issue with my Air Grabber Hood? Has anyone used this on their Air Grabber Car? Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!

the torker should be fine its the edelbrock rpm air gap that usually causes the issue, pretty sure you can get the domensions of the intake manifolds from the companies then just measur if you have room under the hood.

I doubt it. Six pak or stock cast iron is about it without work to the air cleaner base.

I doubt it. Six pak or stock cast iron is about it without work to the air cleaner base.

Yeah, I've been down that road (.... road runner, haha). With a 440 you have to run a stock intake with a 70 Road Runner & air grabber + if you have a Holley you need to clearance a couple minor spots for the carb/intake to clear each other. You can't even run a carb spacer. I have heard of guys cutting up an air grabber base & combining it with a parts-store "drop base" to get more hood clearance. The good news.... stock intakes are cheap and easy to come by.

Had problem with my 383 and air grabber with a replacement Holley and stock intake. Minor clearance problem with intake/carb even running a thin spacer and now have very little hood clearance

Is this intake going to work on my Stroker Engine or will there be a Clearance issue with my Air Grabber Hood? Has anyone used this on their Air Grabber Car? Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Yes, No and yes. If you run it sans aircleaner and air cleaner stud and space the hood adjustment up a little bit

seriously, Yes, Yes, Yes. as far as running great on that set up mine had an excellent power band, but i will say w/o any actual substantiated data (facts) when i had a 413 in my RR. I was running a 780 Holley vacuum secondary with dual feed and a Edelbrock Torquer (btw that is a cool looking vintage style manifold IMO).

Well Son Of A Buick! So i can Lower My Motor Mounts instead? Just Kidding.:icon_thumright:

THe holley street dominator will work as well, and it is a better intake then the torker and the equel to the edelbrock rpm.

mike

Auto Transport Service
Back