• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wilwood disc brake conversion kit with aftermarket magnum 500 wheels

I used the SSBC kit and have Wheel Vintiques 15" Ralleye rims. No clearance problems at all. Used the SSBC kit for the same reason as Moparedtn, didn't want to use Chinese crap spindles and also was an easier install since my front end is all good.

FAC50EBE-76E2-4618-9AAA-FF8BE4FD2495.jpeg
There is this option, not perfect but not awful either... lol

SSBC and you can fit almost any wheel even the stock 14 X 5.5 steel wheel if you use a 1/4" spacer

Hey SKey , I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. I would love to talk to you about this because it makes me nervous if i bought the Wilwood kit and then it didn't fit. it would be a waste of money.
Can you PLEASE PM me? Thanks

I used dr diff kit on my 70;roadrunner think there a ford set up worked fine I run 14 inch magnum wheels haven’t updated my picture huge improvement over the drums also added power master ,my 68 was drums all around night and day

Wilwood’s will not work on magnum 500 wheels, the Wilwood hub will hit the center cap of the magnums. I have pictures I will post up.[/QUOT

Will wilwoods work without the center caps ?
Do you have those pictures ?
Thanks

Hi , I was wondering if anyone has tried converting from drum brakes to Wilwood front Disc brakes with Aftermarket Magnum 500 wheels ? I have heard the wheels will hit the Wilwood calipers.
Any help is very much appreciated. Here is a link to the Wilwood Disc brake conversion kit i was thinking of using. Thank You !!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272591748019?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I upgraded my 1968 GTX to Wilwood front disc brakes. I put 15 x 7 American Racing Magnum wheels on the front and 15 x 8 on the rear and put the bullet
center caps on in place of the ones that came with the wheels. Works great.

I upgraded my 1968 GTX to Wilwood front disc brakes. I put 15 x 7 American Racing Magnum wheels on the front and 15 x 8 on the rear and put the bullet
center caps on in place of the ones that came with the wheels. Works great.
Thanks I am going to purchase the Wilwoods because they are made in the USA !!!

I bought the American Racing Magnum wheels because there was no concern about the backspacing for the upgraded Wilwood's. I have had no problems at all with mine and it is a daily driver(weather permitting). Ill try to upload you a picture.

I bought the American Racing Magnum wheels because there was no concern about the backspacing for the upgraded Wilwood's. I have had no problems at all with mine and it is a daily driver(weather permitting). Ill try to upload you a picture.

My car is being painted right now.

20200508_113055.jpg
20200424_133347.jpg

What color are you going with ?
Do you know which Wilwood brake kit you used ?

The car is a matching numbers 1968 GTX. The original color is UU1 Frost Blue metallic, which is what I'm having it painted.

I will try to find my info on my brakes, but it's been 3 years ago. I went to 15 inch wheels and the conversion kit I got had black calipers.

Wilwood 140-10740-D DP6 Front Disc Brake Kit, 1962-72 Mopar B/E-Body

I think this is it. You'll need brake booster and master cylinder also. Are yours 4 wheel drum?

Your car will most likely need to be the Sport Satellite for a drum to disc conversion kit you're looking at.

My cost for the conversion ran about 1700.00

Auto Transport Service
Back