• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Wiper Motor question

GTX.JCW

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
While in the process of re-wiring the X, I got the window wiper motor harness and tried to install it.. The harness is from M&H but it has connectors on all wires. My motor only has connectors on 2. The others appear to be hard wired inside the motor case. I haven't removed the motor as yet, so any help is appreciated.

As always, thanks

Jeff

Here are photos of the top connections,

wwmotor.jpg

where the wires go in to the case
wwmotor-2.jpg

and the harness...
newharness.jpg

Get a wiring diagram for your car. It will tell you where all the wires go.

Otherwise I am kinda confused on the question you are asking.

Thanks..

I was beginning to think that nobody has ever done anything with the wiper motor!

I am attaching the photos again with annotations as to what the problem is.

Hope this is easier to understand.

Jeff

Harness.jpg

wipermotor-top.jpg

wipermotor2.jpg

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I believe M&H only sells the 2 speed wiper harness (looks just like your picture) and you have a 3 speed wiper motor. I think you would need to modify it to make it work...not sure if there is an extra wire needed on the 3 speed though, I would need to look at a schematic.

The 3 speed motors are all hard wired I think, so you may need to open the motor up further to get to the connection points if you don't want to have a visible splice...but I have never tried to open one up, so I'm not sure what you are getting into if you do that.

It appears that you are correct. I have looked for any 3 speed wiper motor that would fit a b-body and they are all hard wired! If I recall, when I ordered the harness, it was listed as a 3 speed harness! And the bag does state 2-speed, which I just noticed!

I was hoping to avoid cutting wires and such, but it looks like that's where I'm headed.

DRAT!!!

Oh well,

Jeff

They are hard wired, yes, you'd have to cut the wires, De-solder the originals, resolder the new ones. I found it easier, not to mention much cheaper just to re wire my original connectors.

Auto Transport Service
Back