• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield Washer Pump Ground Wire

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Looking to see where the washer pump ground wire attaches in a 1969 GTX. I just installed one on my car and ran the ground under one ear of the washer reservoir. I don't think its right.

Mark

Since I'm relegated to the shop to watch hockey..not positive on the washer..let me find the Bird's.
20230507_192737.jpg

That's where it's at on my 70 Charger. Mine is underneath not on top like Wayne's.

The factory wire has a terminal that was crimped to the plastic tab of the washer jug so it would ground with the mounting screw installed.

Original off my brothers 70 Coronet. Unfortunately the jug was badly cracked so I just salvaged the pump and cap.

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

That's awesome, thank you all very much. Weird...I never got alerts on this thread.
Now I'm going to figure a way to crimp it in my spare time lol.
16837720480898755601200245669797.jpg

@70NetRT - Can you, or anyone with an original, tell me the length of the ground wire? Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back