• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winners never Cheat - Cheaters never Win - Which one is it?

Yeah - another hollow point bestowing grace on their team by looking the other way. A big part of my point was that team was plenty good and didn't have to cheat - but they did it anyway. They cheated anyway. And they all knew they were doing it - Cole walked off the field - appeared disgusted and wanted nothing to do with resigning with that team again. He wanted out of Houston period. Wonder why - it had nothing to do with money. Maybe the man in the mirror was more important to him.
The league fined the team $5 million and made the Astros forfeit first and second-round draft picks. Leadership also shifted. The Astros' manager and general manager were suspended for one year, and they were fired in 2020. The Astros fired Manager A.J. Hinch and General Manager Jeff Luhnow in January 2020. The $5 mill was the maximum allowed by league rules, and also penalized its draft for 2020 and 2021. And no one that I know of looked the other way but the Astros did apologize and we all moved froward. Sure looks like the team has move forward for sure....so go ahead and eat the rat meat if you still can't stomach that the team did well this year :D

The league fined the team $5 million and made the Astros forfeit first and second-round draft picks. Leadership also shifted. The Astros' manager and general manager were suspended for one year, and they were fired in 2020. The Astros fired Manager A.J. Hinch and General Manager Jeff Luhnow in January 2020. The $5 mill was the maximum allowed by league rules, and also penalized its draft for 2020 and 2021. And no one that I know of looked the other way but the Astros did apologize and we all moved froward. Sure looks like the team has move forward for sure....so go ahead and eat the rat meat if you still can't stomach that the team did well this year :D
The bottom line is they knowingly cheated in and before the 2017 WS and who knows for how long before. So then it's - "Oh I'm sorry - could you hand me that polish towel for my forever trophy and may as well get my ring too while I'm at it.

I'm not even a Dodger fan but rancid rat meat would've tasted one hell of a lot better than swallowing that poison. Pretty easy if you're from Houston to "move forward" with trophy and rings in hand..... Or are you claiming all fans and owners just moved forward and forgot about it - or would you more likely say you just don't know?

The bottom line is they knowingly cheated in and before the 2017 WS and who knows for how long before. So then it's - "Oh I'm sorry - could you hand me that polish towel for my forever trophy and may as well get my ring too while I'm at it.

I'm not even a Dodger fan but rancid rat meat would've tasted one hell of a lot better than swallowing that poison. Pretty easy if you're from Houston to "move forward" with trophy and rings in hand..... Or are you claiming all fans and owners just moved forward and forgot about it - or would you more likely say you just don't know?
Don't worry, no one (at least the ones I know) haven't forgot about it....but they are not dwelling on it for years on end like some others seem to be doing.

Don't worry, no one (at least the ones I know) haven't forgot about it....but they are not dwelling on it for years on end like some others seem to be doing.
Outside of the 1919 Black Sox when else has it knowingly happened in the 140 year history of MLB? And there are still those that are whining about some of those players not being in the HOF. Purist don't forget - it is what it is..... and that is ......

Let's ask Pete Rose his opinion.

I guess it depends on the sport.
The King, Richard Petty, who said, “In this sport anybody who wins is cheating"
Of course, getting caught is never fun, as he was in 1983 with a 382 cubic inch engine (after winning). He got a $35,000 fine but...kept the victory.

It's MLB kneelers & protestors, who freaken' care anymore
they don't give a **** about their fan base
why should we give a damn about any of them ?

to each their own
Yes I do hate cheaters,
Many winners generally are cheating, one way or another
or using rules/loopholes stretching the rules as an advantage

an old saying
if you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough
'or winning in Profressional sports'

This is an interesting link.
Cheating has been going on for a long time.

I wasn’t expecting to see my hometown MN Twins in this link - but I now recall the Phil Neikro thing with the sandpaper falling out of his pocket. We all got a great kick out of that one. Great knuckle baller! I also also heard the ventilation system thing was just a jacked up rumor. But I guess the guy that controlled it admitted so. What are you going to do……. Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back