• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Motor Interchange

Chris Gleason

Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what wiper motors will fit on a 67 Satellite? I do not have a matching number car, it can be a 2 speed or 3 speed just whatever will bolt onto the firewall and work.....cheaper the better.

If it's a Satellite then you likely have a 3 speed switch. If it turns to the right smooth then clicks twice it's a 3 speed switch. 3 speed motors are tougher to find. You can use a newer motor 68 up, but the wire spade connectors in the plug will need to be re-oriented. It's pretty easy you just need a small screwdriver. I'll attach a picture of a motor when I get time.

If it's a Satellite then you likely have a 3 speed switch. If it turns to the right smooth then clicks twice it's a 3 speed switch. 3 speed motors are tougher to find. You can use a newer motor 68 up, but the wire spade connectors in the plug will need to be re-oriented. It's pretty easy you just need a small screwdriver. I'll attach a picture of a motor when I get time.
Maybe I was not clear, I have no wiper switch and the wiper motor that came with the car was so butchered up by PO that it is not cost effective to repair. COST being the operative word, I'm looking for a less expensive motor that will fit in its place and do not care if 3 or 2 speed. I know the 66/67 motors are outrageously expensive so looking for a cheaper alternative.

Understood, but you probably still have the underdash plug and wiring to the bulkhead, correct?
I don't think a two speed switch will "plug right in", but perhaps it does. (I only have 3 speed cars)
I do have a 3 speed switch I could sell if you decide you need one.

ALSO... you stated no wiper motor, ok..... but do you have the linkage intact under the dash that connects to the wiper motor? the wiper crank arm(connects to the back of wiper motor) are different on 2 speed and 3 speed, so if you already have the linkage under the dash and just need the motor, you might wanna check and see which crank arm you have, if you have one

Thanks for that link Bill, will that 68 to 70 wiper motor bolt into the 67 firewall? As far as the wiring I'm
building the wire harness from scratch.

Thanks for that link Bill, will that 68 to 70 wiper motor bolt into the 67 firewall? As far as the wiring I'm
building the wire harness from scratch.
I believe so but honestly I'm not sure about that. Anybody know for sure?

Auto Transport Service
Back