• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper motor Issues

Texas charger 73

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Need Help.. i have a 1973 Dodge Charger... I bench tested the wiper motor and all works good.. speeds change and it parks... i installed the blades and now when i turn on the wipers they seem to run one speed(slow) and when i turn them of they just stop where they are.. they don't Park.. not sure whats up... car was recently upgraded 100% with American Autowire Harness and now a single wire alternator..

Wiper motor is # 3431665

wiper motor.jpg
wiper motor1.jpg

Maybe you have the wrong switch.

My 3 speed wipers act up when I don't use them for extended periods of time. When they act up, I just leave them alone & they eventually park properly. Try that & see. Or hopefully someone else will chime in with a fix.

Hey Texas - I have same issue with 2-speed wipers on my '70 RR. Replaced harness with new OEM harness and now have no high speed wipers and low speed do seem very slow, do not park. I was thinking maybe the wiper motor needed rebuild but haven't gotten that far yet. Let me know if you figure this one out & Good Luck!

Make certain that the outer case of the wiper switch is well grounded. I had similar issues with a 74 Road Runner and that was the issue, switch case not grounded.
Seriously.

Auto Transport Service
Back