• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper system question and dash connectors

FueledGarage

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2 questions for a 69 Charger.

1. Can I use a 2-speed motor with a 3-speed switch? We are helping a friend but his car back together and I had a 3-speed switch laying around and I thought we were going with a 3-speed setup but when I wasn't looking he bought a 2-speed motor. Money is tight so just looking to see if I can get it done with what I have.

2. Is there a source for connector housings for the headlight switch and hazard switch? We installed the Painless "sorta B-body" harness which doesn't come with any connectors. I could use push on insulated terminals but I would rather find the correct housings if possible.

Thanks,
Toby

The two speed harness in the engine bay is different as well. I think the switch will work. As far as the terminals go I have them but I am going out of town for a week.....

Hello,

I have 2 questions for a 69 Charger.

1. Can I use a 2-speed motor with a 3-speed switch? We are helping a friend but his car back together and I had a 3-speed switch laying around and I thought we were going with a 3-speed setup but when I wasn't looking he bought a 2-speed motor. Money is tight so just looking to see if I can get it done with what I have.

2. Is there a source for connector housings for the headlight switch and hazard switch? We installed the Painless "sorta B-body" harness which doesn't come with any connectors. I could use push on insulated terminals but I would rather find the correct housings if possible.

Thanks,
Toby
Head on over to American Autowire's sight as they have specialty connectors for most any purpose.

Auto Transport Service
Back