• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Harness.

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
Just to give an up date all the electrical wiring is done. Had a problem with my horn not wanting to work. So had to pull the horn pad and clean my contacts under it. Got the steering wheel and horn pad used. After cleaning the contact area now work's fine. Only problem with the harness under dash they did not include the wire for the revers light under the dash on the 69 runner. Went up and grabbed my old harness and sure enough had the wire marked and got it out of the bulk head connector and cleaned the connector well. Put it into the bulk head connector and all worked well. Down to the finish point on car not much left to do. Past week end my glass guy and I tried to install the front window but seems the glass is too big so he ripped the gasket and have ordered another one to try again. We will cut the glass down some and may be that will help it go in. Is their any way to pre measure the glass for fitment. Well got to go and bleed my brake system today and get that checked off list.

69 has the back up wires under the hood off the wiper harness. There were two versions. 68 and early built 69 plugged directly into the bulkhead under the hood and the later built plugged into the connector on the wiper harness.

Last edited:
69 has the back up wires under the hood off the wiper harness.
Yes it does, but it has a jumper to the Z slot I believe it is and from there a separate wire goes to the dash light that apparently didn't come with his M & H harness..
beerestoration2017 1890.JPG

Yes it does, but it has a jumper to the Z slot I believe it is and from there a separate wire goes to the dash light that apparently didn't come with his M & H harness..
View attachment 1109298
Right. That wire feeds the dash mounted reverse warning light. But the reverse lights will work without it. The poster said under the dash. Maybe he ment under the hood.

Yes it was the little revers light that mounted under the dash. They did not give me a wire off the bulk head connector in the under dash wiring harness. Just was lucky the old one had been marked with a piece of tap marked for that app. Hope that clear's up this post. Yes dadsbee they did not give me that wire. So all good. Maybe this will help other guy's when getting the new harness.

Yes it was the little revers light that mounted under the dash. They did not give me a wire off the bulk head connector in the under dash wiring harness. Just was lucky the old one had been marked with a piece of tap marked for that app. Hope that clear's up this post. Blue.
My new harnesses did not have it either. That reverse light wire is an add on.

Right. That wire feeds the dash mounted reverse warning light. But the reverse lights will work without it. The poster said under the dash. Maybe he ment under the hood.
Light mounted under dash.

Auto Transport Service
Back