• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wishing for a 426 Hemi

airkiller

Local time
11:58 PM
Reaction score
Ok so here is the story. I have a 68 Road Runner clone with a 383 in it. I love the car but have ideas of upgrading to a 426 Hemi. WHat would have to be changed from the stock set up for the 383 to accept the 426. Does anyone know were to get a decent rebuildable 426. I would like to build one rather than buy a crate engine. Am I totally jaded or do you guys think it worth while. After all it is a clone.

If that what would make you very happy then go for it.Fog that motor,wrap it up and put it away.A hemi slips right in:hello2:After all,it's all about the valve covers:blob1:

WHat about he K-Frame? I have understood that the Hemi equipped cars had a different K-Frame from the other big blocks?

Yes, the K has different mount towers but Schumacker has a conversion mount set I believe. A real HEMI K member will run about $2K.

I've been finding out everything specifically related to the HEMI is a lot more money. Even valve covers :eek: But I'm not complaining...

Grab a crate motor, you'll be ahead $ wise in the long run, once you start looking at machine and parts cost

Grab a crate motor, you'll be ahead $ wise in the long run, once you start looking at machine and parts cost

This is the complete opposite of what most people that have bought the crates have been saying. They have to be taken apart, checked and often NEED machine work. Most find that they can buy the old ones or buy an new block and have one built from scratch for the same or less money and are done with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back